Toshiba Qosmio X875 Laptop: For gamers and media lovers

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Spectastic

Toshiba’s has announced that configurations of the new Qosmio X875 laptop will feature the industry’s first 1TB 2.5-inch high-capacity hybrid hard drive.

“We developed this new hybrid hard drive to give media creators, gamers and advanced users the best of both worlds – offering both high-capacity storage and speed,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “The new Qosmio X875 starts up games and transfers large amounts of data like HD photos and video faster than ever before, all while incorporating the latest high-performance processors, graphics and smart Toshiba innovations in a stylish package.”

The in-house developed hybrid drive integrates 8GB of NAND flash memory as a cache in addition to a 1TB hard drive to support high-speed data throughput. Toshiba claims the Qosmio X875 not only delivers approximately 3.6 times faster read and write times than the current model , but it also reduces frequently used application start-up times by approximately 30 percent .

The new Qosmio X875 is powered by a 3rd Gen Intel Core processor and visuals are boosted by the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M graphics processor with 3GB of GDDR5 discrete graphics memory.

attachment.php

A 17.3-inch diagonal full 1080p HD TruBrite display should offer the expansive screen real estate necessary for gaming, content editing and multitasking, as well as better viewing and navigating Windows 8 and apps. The laptop includes built-in Harman Kardon Quad Speakers with Slipstream port technology and SRS Premium Sound 3D. It can also be configured with a 3D-ready display that includes the NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2 Kit with Lightboost™ and a Blu-ray Disc™ Rewritable player .

Key Specs
• 17.3-inch diagonal full HD TruBrite display with 1920 x 1080 resolution also configurable with a 3D-ready display
• 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor
• NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 670M graphics with 3GB of GDDR5 discrete graphics memory
• NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2 Kit with Lightboost (3D model only)
• Up to 2TB storage
• Up to 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory
• Harman Kardon® Quad Speakers
• 2 USB 3.0 ports
• 2 USB 3.0 ports with USB Sleep & Charge
• Microphone input port with Toshiba Sleep & Music
• HDMI® port, Gigabit Ethernet port and Memory Card Slot
• 3D stereo webcam (3D model only) and microphone

Attachments

• X875_Q7280_OPEN_FRNT_LT45.jpg
    X875_Q7280_OPEN_FRNT_LT45.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 765
I like that.:smashin:

Jesus! That's a very high spec. I hope that the build quality is better than some of the Tosh's we saw last year, because they were terrible.

The hybrid hard disk/Express Cache/Rapid Storage is nothing new. Samsung have been doing that in the Chronos for a while now. This is the first time I've seen it with 1TB of storage, but others will only be seemingly minutes behind.

The rest of the spec looks pretty good, if not a little OTT on the video memory. 2GB is plenty surely?

I would imagine the price to be sky high. I wonder if any Alienware customers would entertain this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom