1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba pj

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Parmenion, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Parmenion

Parmenion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I know its "old hat" by now but does anyone have any experience or views on the Toshiba MT 1 projector.

I have just seen a demonstration of the MT 1 and then the MT 3, to be honest, the older projector (and cheaper!) looked at least as good. I'm tempted to say beter but I'm not looking to start a fight !

Regards

Parmenion

2. Technophobe

Technophobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Parmenion,

Just upgraded from the MT1 after owning it for just over a year.
    I think your correct in that the MT1 is as good as the MT3 and probably not worth the extra expense.
    For a cheap PJ the MT1 puts up a good fight against even some of the newer arrivals I've seen in that price range.
    If it's your first PJ you’re probably going to get the bug anyway and will want to upgrade in a year or so. This model is unlikely to de-value too much compared with the more expensive kit.

Send me a private mail if I can help in any way.

Technophobe

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I have posted extensively on my experiences with the MT3 which is really the same as the MT1 in terms of performance.

I have used it with a couple of DVD palyers, and the iScan Pro and a Home Cinema PC. Do a search with "MT3" and my usernames "cg999" and "Comer"

Not all I have to say is good, but it's not all bad either

Conor