1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Picture Frame TV'S how many people have had their tube blow

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by potshot, Aug 24, 2004.

1. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I thought I would start this thread to see how many other owners of Picture Frame TV'S have trouble with the tube. It seems to me there is a problem with the tubes.

My tube blew after 14 months had it replaced and the replacement is faulty so its off to the workshop again for another new tube. If I didn't kick up a fuss toshiba would of never sent out one of their technical managers and the tube fault would of been discovered.

Their repair agents for the south London. surrey and kent area videotec of sutton are usless. They damaged the case and though I told them the picture was blurred they still sent the TV back with a faulty tube. They never used a generator to check the tube and to focus it. So if you live this area and toshiba send them out beware.

2. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

Mine blew within 10months.

My new PF3 comes in the morning, and if theres 1 line out of place
    "In the F£"king oven Toshiba heads gona go" GoodFellas quote.lol :D

I loved my PF2, it was mint.
    :smashin:
    Regards
    Mass

3. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Just wished mine blew before 12 months. Even the the tube thats needs replacing the picture in progressive scan from my pioneer 575 is great, it will be even better when the tube is replaced. If you haven't got a pioneer 575 DVD player I would recommend one. Fantastic picture in progressive scan mode and sound is so much better than the toshiba DVD player I using. A bargain from richersounds £118 with a copy of the web price.