1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba picture frame 3

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by meath man, Jan 26, 2005.

1. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    hello i was wondering does anybody know whether the toshiba picture frame 3 zp48 or maybe the previous model the zp38 is available to buy in the republic of ireland? im ideally looking to buy the 32 inch model.
    Does this tv allow you to switch between 50htz and 100htz through the tvs remote?

2. mcguire76

mcguire76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that 3 of the scan modes (Natural, Active & 100Hz) are all 100hz and progressive is 100hz horizontal scan and 50hz vertical or something like that.
    I got my 32zp46 yesterday and I haven't seen any artifacts of any kind even on Sky channels such as Challenge. DVD's via a component lead is breathtaking.
    All in all an excellent piece of kit!

3. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    so there is 50htz which can be used for watching sport on? from experience 100htz has serious problems with sport?

4. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    No ,the zp48 will not scan at true 50htz.Progressive scan is mostly for dvd playback with a prog capable player using component cables.

5. mcguire76

mcguire76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I watched the Liverpool match last night and the Manure match tonight and to be honest I couldn't see any real difference between any of the modes! There is no noticable artefacts whether watching it in progressive or active modes. Saying that I think it all depends on how good your Sky signal quality is.
    One thing I did notice was that there is a bit of screen flicker when viewing Sky in progressive mode, hence I keep that for DVD's.
    Regards........76

6. Sly Fly

Sly Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +640
    I watched the Chelsea v Man U match and after hearing about almost everyeone saying "OMG isn't football awful on 100Hz sets" I was almost surprised to find that the reception was fine. Slightly blurry perhaps on very fast-moving action, but perfectly watchable. Couldn't tell the difference between Active and Normal though, but I'm not a perfectionist.