Toshiba picture distortion

S

StephenB

Just got a 36" crt Toshiba television (non HD). When I first turned it on, there was severe pincushion distortion--vertical lines looked like )( instead of straight up and down. A technician adjusted the picture and it's better. But I watched the grid he used on the screen when making adjustments and it still had segments that were distorted (some lines were not parallel). He tried a lot of adjustments, but none of them was perfect. He said that all sets are like this and large screen televisions do not display a perfect grid. Is this correct or was he just trying to pacify me?

StephenB said:
He said that all sets are like this and large screen televisions do not display a perfect grid. Is this correct or was he just trying to pacify me?

Nothing is perfect in this world, including 36" CRT geometry! :laugh:

If the Technician took some time over the adjustments and you feel that he knew what he was doing, then the results are probably as good as you'll get.

Remember, it's programmes that you'll be watching not the test card. :lesson:

(If you do spend all your time watching the test card, then may I respectfully suggest you are in the wrong Forum! :laugh: )

Good luck! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom