1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba PF3 Problems!!! PF1/2 Owners, doessound familiar????

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by scottiefraser, Sep 20, 2004.

1. scottiefraser

scottiefraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    I have just bought a 32ZP48P from an Internet electrical company. Unfortuanately I didn't read enough forums on here about JL and COSTCO)! I have had it for two weeks now and over the last weekend noticed some problems. I decided I would try the progressive scan mode after reading more about the advantages of it and to my horror it made my TV buzz like a fridge switching on. It was that bad that it took the volume setting to be 30+ to get rid of it. It seemed more apparent when there were bright images on the screen or banners of text etc. It was that bad I switched it off.

Another fault I had was one I noticed over the weekend whilst watching the Ryder Cup. It was a vertical line running smack bang down the middle of the screen and was particularly visible on green (Golf, Football etc). It was so Irratating it spoilt my enjoyment of the competition.

I decided to speak to Tosh this morning and the friendly staff member of the Customer Support I spoke to said she suspected I had a faulty TV and I had to contact my retailer. This is where I thought things would get sticky because their returns policy is very strict. I called and explained the situation and the guy was very sympathetic and said he would call back later today. At 16:30 today there was still no returned call so I decided to call him (armed with RETRA and Trading Standards info). He said he was waiting for a call back from Toshiba and that he would contact me ASAP. I reminded him that the warrant contract in the eyes of the law was between us and not between myself and Tosh. I said that if I did not hear back by 0900 Wed that I would be sending a letter to 1. His Manager. 2. RETRA (they are a member). 3. Trading Standards. He said he would re-contact Tosh. 20 Mins later and I got a call to say Tosh would replace the set as they didn't have any knowledge of the unusual faults my Tv has. Result!

I am due to get a replacement on Thursday so it will be interesting to see what this one is like. What is very interesting to me is the similarity in the faults I have in my PF3 to the ones some of you encountered in your PF1 & 2's.

On a lighter note I think the TV (without faults) is a good one. I bought mine to relace a Pix+ 28PW9527 which I thought had a good picture. The Tosh is nearly as good with Sky but better on DVD even just on a RGB Scart it can produce pictures that can only be described as "Stunning". I love the styling of the Tosh and best of all is the DD. If you can't have a lots of speakers kicking around like me (the missus) this Tv is the baby!

I will post after the replacement (hopefully) arrives on Thursday!

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Time to call the engineer and/or get another TV.