1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba PDRT10

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by snyphr, Aug 14, 2002.

1. snyphr

snyphr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba PDRT10 and am looking for a rechargeable battery kit that will work on it.

Basically standard 1.2v rechargeable batteries don't have enough charge to make the camera work. And I can't keep forking out £5.99 for high powered digital camera batteries everytime I want to use the damned thing!

I recently went into Dixons and bought some recahrgeables. I explained the problem to a spotty sales assistant (Although he didn't have a clue what I was going on about) and he told after conferencing with his boss that they would work.Guess what they didn't!!

Any ideas for rechargeables?? Tried uniross from Jessops no good.

2. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I presume your Toshiba takes AA size batteries?

If so then you need to use NiMH (Nickel metal hydride) rechargeable batteries - ideally 1800mah ones. Most digital cameras are high drain products and using anything but NiMH batteries is next to useless.

Get your self a couple of pack of 4 (one set charging, one set in the camera) and a decent charger and you'll be laughing. Fast chargers are a bit more handy but usually pricier - definitely worth the outlay.

A good place to buy from is:

Internet cameras direct

Or get yourself over to Argos - apparently they have a fast charger for about 30quid. Jessops NiMH batteries should do the job too (check they didn't sell you Ni-Cad ones).