1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba or Panasonic 36"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ayrshiredude, May 7, 2004.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok after some pretty bad experiences with RP TV's from Toshiba and Samsung I have decided to go for a CRT 36" TV. I think, based on cost, I have narrowed it down to 2 sets. These are

Panasonic TX36PL32 which I can get for £999 from the Comet website

and

Toshiba 36ZP38B which is on the Currys website for £1,154.48

can anyone give some insight as to which is the best in terms of Image quality. I will mainly be using it with Sky+ and a non Progressive scan, non Component Pioneer DVD player.

Thanks

2. Cmoth

Cmoth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have the toshiba 36 inch picture frame 2 and ive been blown away by the quality. Admittedly I connect DVD via component and Freeview by RGB scart, but the pictures are breathtaking. That is a very good price and I advise you to go for it. The Panasonic is very good too , but unless your going for the top of the range 36 inch , i think the toshiba quality will be better. It also offers you all the connections you will need if you choose to update your DVD player.

PS - if you go for the Tosh and a stand is not included in the price, you can have mine for £50.

Good luck
    Colin

3. Danny_Boy26

Danny_Boy26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Just had the Tosh delivered yesterday and can say that I was very impressed, best CRT I've seen, would 100% recommend it.

P.S Got mine from John Lewis who price matched Sound & Vision online for £1149 plus free delivery and 5 years Warrenty. :thumbsup:

4. walkeraj

walkeraj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Big thanks to Danny_Boy_26.

I did have this on order with House Of Fraser at £1375 inc. 5 Year Warranty and delivery, missed out on their 1st day sale offer where it was going for £1150 at the tills.

Anyway, have just cancelled with HoF and price matched with John Lewis and Sound and Vision for £1128 inc 5 Yr and delivery.

Must have gone down a little since you last price matched.

Anyone want to do this just ask John Lewis to call the Sound and Vision retail store to check prices.

http://www.soundandvisiononline.com

You have saved me a nice £250 and made my day, many thanks.