Toshiba or Hitachi

Davidgilmour

Novice Member
Ok, so I have decided to buy me a 42 inch Plasma screen, I have seen a lot of screens lately, I think the best picture I have seen was on the 6000 pound costing Fujitsu HD 10 US model. Way out of budget. Close was the Pioneer 434 picture quality, not as expensive but also above my budget which is 3.500 pounds ALL in, i.e. including TV Tuner and a 700 pounds costing 5.1 Speakerset.

Two screens I am thinking about are the new Hitchachi 5000 series which starts at 2.500 pounds, but I also saw a very nice 42 inch Toshiba screen, it's silver , 42 inches big and it costs here in Holland 4,000 euros, which is 2.750 pounds. I guess the screen would be 2.300 pounds in the UK, holland is very very expensive when it comes to Plasma.

Does anyone know which Toshiba screen I am talking about ? What's the resolution , and was it tested good in the magazines ?
And how do you think this one compares to the Hitachi screen ?

What do you suggest ? Thanx for any help !

Cag

I've just got the Hit 42PD300 & would highly recommend it. PQ is excellent in my opinion. Even analogue PQ is watchable!!!

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
The Toshiba is an OEM Panasonic model - 42WP37 is the latest generation (equivalent of TH-42PW6B but includes a bunch of terminal boards)

Davidgilmour

Novice Member
Originally posted by Liam McLaughlin
The Toshiba is an OEM Panasonic model - 42WP37 is the latest generation (equivalent of TH-42PW6B but includes a bunch of terminal boards)
So , you're saying it's the exact same model as the Panny 6 ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom