Toshiba oled 65.

Alfa 1971

Standard Member
Hi all. Does anyone have 1 of these.. I'm interested to know what they are like, sport, movies, ir and burn in... All the usual. I've seen one at 1, 300...is it worth a punt.... Thanks.

Aretak

I bought a 55" one from Costco a few months ago and I thought it was absolutely atrocious. A horrific picture out of the box and the OS is very sparse in terms of options, with few picture settings that you can tweak to try and fix it. Just the real basic stuff like brightness, OLED light level and colour saturation. No matter how much I messed with it, the grass whilst watching football, for example, always looked neon green. The only way to "fix" it was to reduce the overall colour saturation until the picture was practically sepiatone. The picture quality in general was significantly worse than the cheap 43" LG IPS that my mother has in her living room, and light years away from any other OLED or high end LCD that I've had.

It's possible that the firmware has been updated to be better since then I suppose. There's obviously nothing wrong with the panel itself, given it's the same one found in every other OLED TV. I'd just recommend buying from somewhere like Costco that has hassle-free returns if you don't like it.

Alfa 1971

Standard Member
I bought a 55" one from Costco a few months ago and I thought it was absolutely atrocious. A horrific picture out of the box and the OS is very sparse in terms of options, with few picture settings that you can tweak to try and fix it. Just the real basic stuff like brightness, OLED light level and colour saturation. No matter how much I messed with it, the grass whilst watching football, for example, always looked neon green. The only way to "fix" it was to reduce the overall colour saturation until the picture was practically sepiatone. The picture quality in general was significantly worse than the cheap 43" LG IPS that my mother has in her living room, and light years away from any other OLED or high end LCD that I've had.

It's possible that the firmware has been updated to be better since then I suppose. There's obviously nothing wrong with the panel itself, given it's the same one found in every other OLED TV. I'd just recommend buying from somewhere like Costco that has hassle-free returns if you don't like it.
Thank you. It's the 65 inch one. I guess if the processing is crap then it doesn't matter what the panel is like.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom