TOSHIBA Official C3030D Price Match Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by lat1010, Apr 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. lat1010

lat1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    For all those interested - The Price Match Thread as requested:
    Please Post all your price matches, deals offers on the Tosh C3030D.

I will start:

John Lewis Price Match other stores - NOT - internet only or special offers, the price match applies to ONLY instore prices. There are a number of deals offers for the Toshiba C3030D at the moment.

I got my 37" from JL one week ago, at Welwyn. I phoned up TRAFFORD JL and asked the price instore and whether in stock. £679.. I phoned JL Welwyn and asked for a PM against Trafford (the quickest option) and one phone call and the Tosh was mine, for collection or Delivery.

Other options are to email or phone the stores, and ask for a price match against Sound and Vision (an internet based BUT with a shop in Bolton claiming to have the same prices in store).

It doesnt matter where you live, they MUST price match. The 37" on the net was £656 (same as in store), but JL came back to me within 3 days to say it is instore for £674 with delivery. A bit of a con mind!

Another option is to price match Empire Direct - 37" £679 instore and 32" £549. JL MAY add on delivery for this but if you can pick it up then that will save you £

Remember John Lewis is the best shop as it has the 5 year guarantee.

Another tip, you can email for phone any or all JL in the country and get their Undersales team to see who has the quickest price match.
    The quickest for me, Peterborough and Trafford, 3 days.... [email protected]

Any offers or PM, please post here....

Please note the 32" and 37" are back at normal prices now i believe at Trafford and Cheadle, your best bet then is to Price Match Empire Direct or Sound and Vision in Bolton rather than competing against other JL stores.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,353
  3. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just had a refused price match from JL Bristol (cribbs) as empire direct didn't have any stock of a 37C30330 (Nil stock on the website, so assume same for store if they checked?). They came back within 2 hours:smashin:

I have just emailed them to try and pm with Sound and vision (I didn't put the store branch, such as Bolton) at £655 which is the web price. I'll see what they come back with.. probably tomorrow.

I'm still hanging on to the possibility of purchasing off currys for £625.98 though.

4. billy.emma

billy.emma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to my local Currys where the 32C3030D is on display at £699. The salesperson spoke to the manager who agreed to match the web exclusive price of £524.95. Stock arrives Monday for me to collect.

I realise that JL do a five year warranty - but will any of us still have these sets in five years, or will we have upgraded?

Furthermore, if the set goes wrong after the manufacturers one year warranty then it is still only £10 a week rental. After two years you would have spent £5 a week.

Reading these forums, I am forming the opinion that most of the faults on LCD screens are spotted minutes after opening the box, rather than years.

5. DoLpHiNaToR

DoLpHiNaToR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed the same.

JL have price matched Empire Direct at £549 + £15 del. They will confirm in writing and it will be valid for 28 days. Didn't know about collecting would save me the £15. Thanks for that lturton :thumbsup:

My local Currys (Merry Hill, Dudley) have the 32" at £539 as a "store exclusive". Have asked JL to PM this. They said the store said it was a web price, but they will try the store direct and check for me.

6. Analogue

Analogue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I make an appeal that when people say such things as JL matched a certain store, can they please say which branch of JL and as well the branch of the matched store. Thanks

7. billy.emma

billy.emma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Analogue.

By local Currys I was talking about Littlehampton, West Sussex. However, the sales manager made me think that all Currys sales managers are under pressure to sell at the web exclusive price, despite it being £160-£170 cheaper.

So am I correct in thinking that the Currys web exclusive price that will be matched in-store is the cheapest way of getting a 32C3030D?

8. DoLpHiNaToR

DoLpHiNaToR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :oops:

Solihull matched Merry Hill branch of ED

9. lat1010

lat1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    With regard to my initial post i forgot to add that it's best to phone Empire Direct Local stores (not the web number), and ask if in stock. As long as its on display, JL will PM at that Price.

I hope this thread is of use to people!!

10. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    My Local currys in Cwmbran (wales) would match the web price for the 37C30303DB of £658 instead ofthe £899 they had it in the store for. They didn't have one in stock and wouldn,t match the discound code I had which is why I didn't buy on the spot and I am now trying for a price match. If I can get a JL PM for £679, i have 4 years insurance for around £50. £12.5 a year isn't too bad.

11. alzs

alzs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to double post. I didn't realise that this tread existed, it is not yet in the Treads list.
    ---------------------------
    I am going to try to get a good price match on the 32C3030DB from John Lewis.

Best bets seem to be Empire Direct at £549.99 or Sound & Vision at £520.

Does anyone know what price Sound & Vision are actually displaying for this set in their showroom (in Bolton - Farnworth)?

12. amboy

amboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a PM offer of £674 from Cheadle which matches sound and vision, they do not deliver to my area so ma be able to offer it. I am really waiting for Sheffield or Newcastle to get back but they are so slow.

13. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hello,

when did you get a price match from cheadle for £679, I'm stilll waiting? And how do you mean that they don't deliver to your area:confused:

thanks?

14. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    OK, just had a price match letter from Cheadle with SOund and vision for the 37" C3030DB at £679.

JL Cribbs Causeway in Bristol would not pm against sound and vision. :lesson: So now that I have a JL pm (with Cheadle) can I use this at JL Bristol and pick my TV up for £679??

what do you think?

15. lat1010

lat1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Try it, WHY the Bristol JL didnt PM s+v i dont know!! Go in with the letter if its not too far away!

Also, if Bristol wont, kick up a stink, speak to the manager! I certainly would, if that fails just pay JL Cheadle over the phone and get them to send it to you, delivery included remember!! Then write to Headoffice about the poor service from Bristol and hopefully you'll get some vouchers!!

Well done Medicmanonet for finally getting a PM, it worked out for you in the end!!:clap:

16. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Well it finally happened...::D :rotfl:

I'm well chuffed. I'm going to phone Bristol later today when I get up (working nights) and see if they have one in stock and will honour the Cheadle price match

BIG :smashin: to Cheadle John Lewis

let you all know the end result

17. big bertha

big bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    been looking at the 37 and 42" screens, working in manchester 2 weeks ago noticed in JL the 42 was £869, a week later when working in reading, JL price was £995, asked about a pm with the manchester branch, they said they will call me, and they did and agreed to match £869.
    now i,m home in southampton i hope my local JL will match, Reading JL did give me an undersales number to quote.
    hope:) this helps somebody.

18. amboy

amboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I live in Yorkshire so it is not in their free delivery area and apparently even though S + V price includes delivery JL want to charge around £40 extra???

The sheffield JL refused the PM against S + V. So currently have 2 offers of £674 from Newcastle and Cheadle but both want £40 for delivery.

Any ideas, or am i being to picky now?

19. lat1010

lat1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Can you pick up but i think its a bit too far? The 37" fits in a normal hatchback, with the seats down
    Perhaps speak to the managers or undersales teams of both Newcastle and Cheadle? After all, the S + V price includes delivery so they SHOULD honour the £674 with delivery!

20. lat1010

lat1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    How did you get on?? :smashin: or :thumbsdow

21. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi all,

well I finally got it ordered today :clap:

JL Bristol refused the Cheadle price match when I phoned them on Sunday. I then phoned Cheadle and they didn't know how much the delivery would be as that office wasn't in until Monday. Today (Monday) Cheadle rang me and told me it would be £65 for courier delivery. I told them that it was too expensive,after some discussion, I mentioned that Bristol refused to pm against sound and vision. The Cheadle branch then phoned Bristol on my behalf and told them that the Price MAtch with Sound and Vision was valid. 10 minutes later Bristol phoned me to arrange delivery (Free).

I paid £679 including free delivery from Bristol. Just waiting for the courier to phone and arrange delivery day and time.

So yet again a HUGE :smashin: to Cheadle branch of John Lewis. and at least Bristol have agreed price match and free delivery (eventually).

Cheadle price match took around 3 days form phone call to receiving the letter.. Dman fast in my opinion

Just got to cancel my order with Currys now :eek:

22. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    How about asking Cheadle to phone your local branch on your behalf and telling them about the price match. Or even see if Chealde will take your order for your to pick up at your local branch.

Worth a try

23. lat1010

lat1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well done mate!!

Knew you would get there in the end!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    BUT HAVE YOU READ THIS,

Shock horror!!!!!

JL had changed their policy wef 10am this morning. Any price match must now be with a physical store WITHIN 10 miles of the JL store that is approached to do the price match. They are updating their website shortly.........

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517107

24. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The buggers, well I am lucky then at getting the Bristol store to agree so soon.

25. DoLpHiNaToR

DoLpHiNaToR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad I ordered mine yesterday. Got my letter on Saturday to confirm and ordered over the phone to check it was in stock.

Pick up my 32" from Solihull on Friday. PM with ED Merry Hill (28 miles away!!!)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

26. tmobbs

tmobbs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the 32C3030D from JL Cheadle today for £549.

Had been in the store last week and saw it for this price, but since then it had gone back up to £699. Tried to get them to PM Sound & Vision at £514 first - there happened to be a staff member from the PM team on the shop floor at the time and she went off to check it there and then. She claimed that it had been checked on Saturday and the price was not on display in the Sound & Vision shop so they couldn't do it. HOWEVER, the sales guy was obviously keen to meet his targets because he pushed her to check whether the previous PM at £549 was still valid. Apparently it was, so got it for that price with 5 year warranty!

I'm afraid I don't know who the £549 PM was with (does anyone else?), but thought this info may be useful for anyone else wanting persuade them to sell at this price.

27. DoLpHiNaToR

DoLpHiNaToR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was probably Empire Direct. That's where I price matched mine with.

28. lat1010

lat1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    For all those interested..

Just phone JL re the 28 day price match promise, i paid £679 with JL for the 37".
    I have found it for £629 in Empire Direct... £50 back into my account now!!!!

Worth phoning up around 26 days after your purchase!!:clap:

29. boosted7

boosted7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good work lturton, i will remember that trick.

JL Cambridge have price matched the 32inch with empire direct at 499, plus 15 for delivery which means I will be getting my new telly for 514 with 5 year warranty with JL. Gotta say I'm quite pleased!:clap:

30. gribz

gribz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0