1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba MT8 Picture Size Problem!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mark Antony, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I did a search, I don't think this has been solved before...

I have a Toshiba MT8 DLP projector and miscalculated the screen size, as a result even on minimum zoom the projected image is slightly too big for the screen - it will be a real pain to get a different mounting bracket, does anyone know if hidden in the service menu is a way to shrink the vertical and horizontal image size - like on most tv's and if so, how?!

Your help is much appreciated

Regards

MA

NB am expecting the DVI-USB cable shortly to be able to upload the infocus 2.9 software onto this device and will also be getting it isf calibrated by Gordon of convergent av, will keep anyone interested posted...

2. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yikes! That's bad news. I too have an MT8 and regretfully no lifesaving solution..however you did it if it was possible would mean using less of the widescreen panel you've bought and less resolution.

How much is it out?

Would turning overscan 'on' make enough of a difference.

I'd be intrigued as to how you get on with your calibration as colour wise the MT8 seemed very good out of the box. I've so far done very little tweaking.

Regards,
    Ian Guinan

3. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    p.s. it might just concern you to know that Toshiba UK are claiming that the Infocus 2.9 firmware is incompatible with their MT8 projector and may cause operational problems...

I think they are talking rubbish, but without a way to revert to Toshiba 2.5 I'd be nervous if anything happened to my projector if I upgraded. Talk on the AVS Forum is moving towards cajoling Toshiba USA to release a newer firmware...we'd be on safer ground then.

Regards,
    Ian Guinan

4. Mark Antony

Mark Antony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    It's out about 6-7"... :-( bascally my only solution is to mount it on the ceiling which I don't really wanna do...

Will let you know how the calibration goes, but on my screen at the mo blacks look grey - very light, too light so hopefullt this should help to an extent

Will let u knowe how Gordon gets on..

Regards

M