1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba MT8 firmware out

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ian_guinan, Apr 17, 2003.

1. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The MT8 is an OEM version of the Infocus 7200, and as such we have been lagging a couple of firmware revisions behind the 7200. This has denied MT8 owners of access to some significant improvements so far.

Original firmware is v2.5. Infocus are now up to v3.2 which gives additional gamma settings and improved stability with progressive sources. Only way to get access has been to risk voiding you warranty and use the Infocus firmware (which Toshiba UK claims is incompatible with the MT8!)

Happily I've been sent a firmware update file this afternoon for the MT8 from Toshiba Europe. Plan to update my projector tonight, and would be happy to send onto anyone interested. Just PM me your email address and I'll send it on.

Regards,
    Ian Guinan

2. HouseofMu

HouseofMu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ian,

Any chance you could e-mail me the tosh v2.9 firmware ?

I spoke to the technical ppl at toshiba and they were due to mail me their version yesterday, which they did but have only sent me two windows shortcut .lnk files by mistake. Now of course its bank holiday....

btw, they told me the Infocus firmware IS fully compatible as they has MT8's running with it on in their office. Its only the Splash screen thats different. ?

cheers

n.

3. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    They've changed the tune..when last asked they said that Infocus firmware would give unspecified 'problems'..

PM me your email address and I'd be happy to send you a copy...even if the Infocus one gives a problem at least we can now swiftly revert to Tosh v2.9 if needs be!

Ian Guinan