Toshiba MT8 - Bargain Price

S

spondle

Ive been reading these forums with some interest trying to get an idea of what to audition and purchase.

I thought the internet dealers were going to be my best bet for price but thought I should ring round local dealers as well.

Ive just been quoted £979 + VAT for a Tosh MT8, as far as I can see this is at least 2 grand cheaper than Ive seen elsewhere!!!!

Not sure whether the guy at shop has made ballsup or what as yet but Im gonna go to the store to check it out

Just thought I ought to share this with you.

Hi Spondle,

Let us know how you get on. I'd order one straight away at that price!

Cheers,

nath

you sure he wasn't quoting your the ET1 model as that's it's price range?

No he quoted a price of £790 + VAT for the ET1

Thats what has baffled me. I must admit I dont know a lot about pjs but have been reading up and he seemed to know even less than me and hes the dealer!!!

So perhaps hes making an almighty ballsup.

if the price is correct, tell him you'll have 2 of the MT8's. I'll have the other :)

Toshiba are dumping stock on these big time (there's about thirty kicking about at Tosh UK) but they're not selling them that cheap!!!! (well not to me anyway :()

well if you confirm anything, make sure you pm me ;)

ad

well I was gonna pop to the dealer at lunchtime until the missus had other ideas, Im away tomorrow and Friday so will have to wait until weekend/next week before I can get down there.

But as soon as Ive seen it with my own eyes I'll let you guys know.

I havent gone anywhere today so Im definately gonna go at lunchtime to look. I'll let you guys know once Ive been.

cheers

dont know what time you have your lunch but I certainly havent been for mine as yet

Originally posted by spondle
dont know what time you have your lunch but I certainly havent been for mine as yet
LOL :laugh:
I was thinking the same thing mate.

doh..... sorry, im in an unusual country again..... sorry!

ad

Well you know the bit above where I said I thought I knew more than the dealer - well I was right. Its a F****** MT100 not 8 !!!

What a **** !

Had a look whilst I was there its ok but I wasnt exactly blown away, although better than the ET1 - terrible vertical banding.

Well its back to square one....bastard

Surely it's gotta be name and shame time!!! I could do with a laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well im glad to find he's wrong, otherwise id feel bad about the other thing i bought :D

ad

Well its a dealer in Guernsey so prob not much point but the name is Kolorama, honestly you guys would **** yourself if you saw the setup hes got.

Went somewhere else and all they had was a screenplay 4800, errr no thanks mate really noisy picture esp on sky scenes, has anyone else seen this ? But interestingly no rainbow so perhaps Im not susceptible?

Well I guess im gonna have to wait until im back on the mainland in a few weeks time, but the only pj in my budget near where im going is H30 , ive setup a viewing but would like to see pjx10 or similar.

Can anyone help where Imight be able to see these ?? Either in Reading or Southampton

cheers

At the price you've quoted just buy the MT8 and be done with it. This is a £4.5k HD2 DLP pj with a stunning image which nothing under £3k will touch.

Why are you delaying, just buy. And I'd suggest you buy all his stock as at that price you could resell them all here or on ebay and make a killing.

Personally, I do not believe that price and feel you are either leading everyone on or have been given incorrect information by Kolorama. I wait to be disproved :)

"honestly you guys would **** yourself if you saw the setup hes got."

I wouldn't be so sure. There are some forum members here who have some amazing setups. Maybe if you give us more info we may start to believe you but until then I am filing this message in the 'wind up' folder :)

Doing some searching it would appear they may be a rental company. Check this price is not for an ex rental unit as that, IMO, would be the only way it would be (Unless more suspicious than that)

Originally posted by Messiah
At the price you've quoted just buy the MT8 and be done with it. This is a £4.5k HD2 DLP pj with a stunning image which nothing under £3k will touch.

Why are you delaying, just buy. And I'd suggest you buy all his stock as at that price you could resell them all here or on ebay and make a killing.

Personally, I do not believe that price and feel you are either leading everyone on or have been given incorrect information by Kolorama. I wait to be disproved :)

"honestly you guys would **** yourself if you saw the setup hes got."

I wouldn't be so sure. There are some forum members here who have some amazing setups. Maybe if you give us more info we may start to believe you but until then I am filing this message in the 'wind up' folder :)

Perhaps if you had bothered to read the whole thread you would see that he did quote me incorrect prices.

And as for the setup my comments were meant in the vein that he doesnt have a very good setup at all.

OK. That'll teach me for jumping back and forth between threads. Point taken. A couple of smilies would have helped me realise you were taking the p'

I'll crawl back under the desk now :D BTW, lighten up a bit. Everyone makes mistakes and I'm referring to both myself and the guy who gave you the wrong info ;)

Thats ok messiah - easily done

No word of a lie the dealer was trying to explain why he was using a temp screen along the lines of proper ones are so expensive.

The guy is a complete muppet!!!

So anyway this brings me back to viewing in Southampton or Reading I think I shall post a new thread for that though

Suggest you may wish to pop along to Audio Venue (www.audiovenue.co.uk) in Maidenhead. Not been there myself (yet) but they seem to have some great demo facilities. Not far from Reading.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom