Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba MT5

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pip_UK, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a lot of research I decided the Toshiba MT5 was the projector I wanted to acquire. Several compnaies offering this projector have suddenly removed it from their website. I spoke to W2FM today who told me Toshiba had delayed the release date as there are problems with the projector that Toshiba are not happy with. W2FM also stated that the Infocus clone (LS110) has also been delayed for the same reason.

I have contacted Toshiba who have confirmed that the MT5 release date has been delayed but did not give me a reason.

Does anyone know why?

Should I start looking for another projector?

Cheers

Pip

2. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Apparantly it's not too clever with pal sources , lots of motion artefacts or something. The ones sold in Europe have been returned. Go to www.avsforum.com and do a search for more details.

3. plo

plo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I emailed Toshiba UK to ask about the PAL problems ..they replied that their were no problems and the unit was available.

I then emailed Infocus, they said that the LS110 had been recalled in the EU and they were not sure when a fix would be available. They did say that if anyone had bought an old LS110 then they would upgrade/swap it when the modified version becomes available.

I then emailed Toshiba UK (and attached the Infocus reply) saying that they might like to rethink their comments on "no issues with the MT5". They never replied - still at least they recalled it in the end.

See:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=169594#post169594

Cheers

Paul

4. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul ... I got the same response from Toshiba.

Have moved away from DLP as quite a few people appear to suffer from eye strain and headaches when watching DLP for several hours. Although I don't suffer with rainbows, I don't want to part with 3-5K to find out I too, might suffer from these symptoms.

Have decided on a high end LCD projector instead

Pip