Toshiba MT3 lamp replacement

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alan8477, Jan 7, 2004.

1. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a Toshiba MT3, just put a new lamp in and experienced two problems:

1 Despite following the instructions that came with the lamp I could not reset the clock/no. of hours. Instructions say hold down on/off, menu, input at the same time whilst plugging into the socket! That takes some doing! Anyway didn't work.

2 After a few minutes use the lamp went off! Two RED L.E.D.s came on and the projector powered down. Did this a couple of times before it refused to illuminate at all. Great anxiety as the replacement lamps are £340!

I put the old lamp back in and everything is OK again. The problem with buying a replacement lamp is that with only a 90 day warranty you are obliged to use it sooner rather than later.

Anyone with a Tosh carried out a lamp replacement?

2. davrob

davrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alan,

What Tosh dont tell you is that there is another key press sequence for reseting the lamp timer.......try holding down the menu key and on/off key and then plugging in the mains. The projector will confirm the reset by lighting up all 3 leds orange.

I repair many projectors a week including Tosh TLP 470 etc so if you require any more help.....

Dave :p

3. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks Dave. Would the failure to reset have caused the lamp out problem?