Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba MT3 - just arrrived!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by buns, Jul 21, 2001.

1. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    arrrrgh a ghost

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Phil,
    Great to hear your happy with your MT3. I bought the MT1 about a year ago and have had nothing but praise for it.
    I use a component connection from my dvd player, and am very pleased with the quality.

Are you using a screen?

:D

3. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently using a Jessops 6' tripod screen - although I want to get/make a similar sized pull down jobee! Does any one think that paying an arm and a leg for a screen produces particularly better results?

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can say is that I used to project onto a painted wall. Then I bought a 7' electric screen from owl and I was amazed at the difference. Much better colours and a brighter picture.
    Not sure about the difference between your screen and a purpose video screen. Although the shape would be better for you i.e. 4:3
    not square.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phil

Glad that your enjoying your unit . Hope to have mine back sometime next week .

Cheers

Darren

6. Phil White

Phil White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having owned one of the early Sharp LCD projectors (circa 1994) then moved on to a Davis DL450 I took the plunge and ordered an MT3. HiWay Hifi in Edgware Rd offered me a great price £2349 and delivered within 24 hrs. Impressed? I should coco! V.Bright, natural colours and excellent definition. I'm currently running S. Video from a Pan. 360 DVD. Is it worth getting an RGB lead given that it'll need to be 10 metres long?
    Finally, if your dithering about which unit to get - go for it and order an MT3!!!