toshiba mt200

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rob64, Aug 6, 2006.

1. rob64

rob64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've just ordered a toshiba mt200 . Does anyone know of the best way to feed it from my sky digibox ? Scart to component converter ? Any advice would be appreciated .

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Sky box only outputs RGB or composite video. Composite video will look very poor although the built in interlacer is meant to be quite good in the mt200. RGB scart to component is the best way to go if you can pony up the cash.

3. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Having owned an MT200, I would say the only option you should consider is an RGB to Component converter; S-Video always left me wanting more.

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    How did you find the mt200. Mini review please.

5. rob64

rob64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ditto . mine may arrive any second .

6. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Do u have a dvd recorder with component out ? ~ if u do, u can connect Sky via scart, & connect to the Tosh to the dvd recorder via component, thus u get Sky connected to the Tosh via component. (I do this using a Pana E55 (one sold on here recently for £45!) connected to my Epson TW10H & i'm very happy:thumbsup: )

Delh68

7. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Not my full review (I can’t seem to find it), but this is what I wrote a while back on Projector Central:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/part_opinions_details.cfm?opinion_id=5062

Other comments:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Toshiba_TACP-TDP-MT200-user-reviews.htm

I would like to add the main reason I sold my MT200 was due to what can only be described as ‘slow motion issues’ when watching football. Sometimes during a match the internal scaler struggled to keep up, which resulted in a slow motion type effect. It probably only occurred two or three times in a match, but was significant enough for me to upgrade in time for the World Cup. If you’re after a projector for watching DVDs, then the MT200 is an excellent first time buy. If you are looking for a projector for watching fast moving sports, you should probably look elsewhere. If I can recall correctly, the 480p BenQ projector that was out at the same time also suffered from this slow motion effect, I believe it was the PE5120.

8. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Thanks Zippycat. A great mini review. I'll only be feeding my mt200 from a progressive scan dvd player so the in-built interlacer will get bypassed.

I did have the PE5120 for a while and never noticed any slow motion effects but I did not use it that much for tv viewing. Once again it was being feed from a progressive scan source. In this case my ibook via vga.

9. rob64

rob64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that idea delh68 , there had to be a clever way round this . i will price up a recorder to see if it works out to be more cost efficient ( cheaper ). are you happy with the quality of the conversion ? Would the extra few quid for the seperate items be justified ?
    Sorry i didn't reply sooner , work and all that !

10. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,512
    I've connected my standard Sky digibox via my Pioneer 540 HDD/DVD recorder via SCART and then to my PJTX200 via 5m component and the picture quality if awful. I would suggest trying it first but I think the way to go is via a SCART to component converter such as the QED one for £70. Another option is to get another sky box (Grundig) or sky+ off ebay and connect via S-Video. I cannot vouch for the latter two options as I haven't tried them yet but as I said my pq isn't up to much.

11. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Got no complaints ~ certainly better than s-video & composite :eek:, & my Epson TW10H has a cable that plugs into component & composite in of the projector & has Scart on the other end, & even having used this, i prefer the recorder solution. (noticed some ghosting on RGB scart)
    Never used a specific rgb to component, so can't compare on that basis.

I actually have 3 Pana dvd recorders:eek: , one feed is for Sky, one is for Freeview, & one is for my motorised satellite receiver. Means i never have to worry if i'm watching one thing, i can record on one of the others!!

If u haven't already got a recorder, or PVR, then why not?:D, surely it's time.

Delh68