1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba MT1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by John de la Roche, Dec 4, 2000.

1. John de la Roche

John de la Roche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone wants any info on the MT1, let me know. After countless demos on Sony, Davis etc I have bought the MT1 for my new home cinema. The review in HCC (Aug?) says it all.
    It may be not quite as good as the Sony but its not far off & half the price. I am very impressed with it.

2. John de la Roche

John de la Roche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was impressed by the Davis Cinema One being DLP etc etc. The price of course was an issue but I know quite a few people in the industry, distributors of Sharp etc and they all told me the same story. I'm not sure if I can give the reason through this bulletin board but it was enough to put me off. The only way to judge is to have a few demos.

3. rory29

rory29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what put you of the davis machines
    was it pic Q or price diff
    thanks,
    Rory

4. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    A story isnt a story if its only half told.

Go on.... exercise your freedom and tell us your reasons (for the greater benefit of the user) just leave out the specifics (names, dates adresses etc). If its a valid and logical reason to avoid a hidden pitfall then please please share it...

------------------
    If you're gonna shoot... shoot! don't talk.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a tosh mt1,
    I had a demo of the mtl and davis side by side. The only difference was the throw distance, which was a little better on the davis. But the Davis cost's loads more!
    I think the mt1 is fantastic for the price, especially as you can pick one up for around £2500.00 inc vat.

6. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    folks...dont want to depress you ...but....the mt2 is out very shortly-supposedly an upgrade on the mt1 for the same money..

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's sad how some of us are always looking on the negative side of things. Nothing nice or positive to say.
    Enjoy life for a change!!

8. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    ninco...i`m not being negative and i do enjoy life-but i guess i`d be ****ed off if i`d bought an mt1 and then found out the mt2 was due out...never mind...its only money...hahahhahhah-sucker...........