1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba MT1 projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by polo, Oct 24, 2000.

1. polo

polo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has any one got this projector if so what is it like ( I know they is a review on hcc )
    and what screen have you got it on hope someone can help me

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I bought one of these about a month ago.
    I think it's fantastic!
    Although it cleaned me out to buy it so I couldn't afford a screen at the time so I painted a smooth wall in the house a suitable colour.
    I mainly use it for dvd playback and p.c. gaming.
    I got one for £2595 inc vat, which is a good price.

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    There should be an MT2 out within a year, which is HD compatiable and stuff, don't know much else.

Rick

------------------
    'I am just a figment of your imagination.'
    MiB 1997

Work Site: The Sound Gallery
    Home Site: WD A.V.

4. polo

polo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers I might just buy one

5. talkron

talkron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ninc0,
    i am too interested in the Toshiba MT1 (i have not enough money for costly DLP or CRT maschines )
    what horizontal size of picture ( in metric system , please ...i have problem with you inches [​IMG])) from distance of 3,3 meter you thing will be ideal , and is the black by this LCD projector realy so bad ? Have you PC or normal DVD player and what input use you (my player have much better picture in RGB like in S-Video, sharper and with more contrast...is a possibylity of taking advance of the RGB comp imput for anlogue RGB or not)?

6. Blade

Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are considering buying an MT1, check out site sponsors W2FM who are leading Toshiba retailers. They will be happy help answer any questions you may have.
    Go to the review of the Toshiba projector in the Testbench section and click the banner at the bottom of the page to be taken to their website.
    Thanks

7. bfg

bfg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ninc0

Where did you get the Tosh for £2595??

That sounds brilliant, and tossed my RPTV plans on the shelf for good... Here I come front projection...

Cheers,

Martin

8. Blade

Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Talkron - it seems like a strange suggestion, but have you though about importing FROM the UK ?
    W2FM might be able to send you a projector.

9. talkron

talkron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Blade,
    but i am not from England and when i buy the MT1 , then from a local firm in Czech Republick (i found a one dealer for Toshiba projectors in my hometown )...and they are mostly absolutely uniformed (i found projector dealers they dont not understand for what 16:9 or what RGB is). And one thing...the firm what provides Toshiba pojectors in Czech have the Scart adapter not in ther list of acessoaries....:O(

10. polo

polo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont supose you have any pictures of the images you get from the projector

Yes, I bought one of these about a month ago.
    I think it's fantastic!
    Although it cleaned me out to buy it so I couldn't afford a screen at the time so I painted a smooth wall in the house a suitable colour.
    I mainly use it for dvd playback and p.c. gaming.
    I got one for £2595 inc vat, which is a good price.
    [/QUOTE]