1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Models xxWL58

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MegaTum, Jul 25, 2005.

1. MegaTum

MegaTum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This new model range must be due out soon as Toshiba now have the manuals available to download here on their techical site.

Edit:
    Manual indicates 3 x Scarts (2 RGB), 2 x HDMI, 1 x Component, 1 x S-Video/Composite & 1 x D-sub.

2. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    Last I heard was September for the 27/32/37WLT58 range. Might be worth buying XXWL56 if you can live without a digital tuner and an extra RGB scart/dedicated component socket/hdmi socket. The panel is exactly the same.............your just paying approx £300 extra for the digi tuner/connections.

3. ccparkhill

ccparkhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Can't see a mention of the digital tuner in the manual, is the WL58 an analouge version of the WLT58?

4. KC53

KC53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The xxWL58 is an analogue version of the WLT58 judging by the user manual posted on the Toshiba service website. I presume the analogue version is being produced for the European market where digital has not really taken off while the digital version is for the UK only. Haven't heard anything here about it but seen it advertised on a few German websites. Don't know if the analogue version will be available here. Colud buy a WL from abroad if you don't want the freeview and should work here too - I think most sets now have multistandards tuner and multilanguage.
    The spec is a lot better than the WL56 and it looks nicer.
    3 SCARTS, 2HDMI, component and PC.