1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Model No diff ??? 36zp48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Pmc001, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Pmc001

Pmc001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have been looking at the Toshiba 36ZP48 and found some good prices from various prices.

One thing I am confused with is there appears to be two model no's floating around
    1) 36ZP48
    2) 36ZP48P

Most places and Toshibas website refer to the first model no and some other places (e.g. Empire D) has the P model. The only thing I have seen is that the P model is suppost to relate to something like PAN PS. What is this ?

Is there actually any difference between these models ?

Can anyone help :lease:

2. PlasmaVirgin

PlasmaVirgin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Not too sure, but does the P stand for Progressive? The later Toshiba 36" have progressive scan apparently.

By the way, I'd advise anyone against buying from Empire Direct as I have an ongoing dispute with them at the moment. They sent me the wrong kit a year ago which I refused and returned. However their finance company has started taking payments from me a year later, which they assure is down to Empire Direct not cancelling the order, and Empire Direct will not let me speak to their manager or give me his full name. They are about to get a legal letter from my solicitor!

3. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    'P' means it comes complete with a stand. Even some suppliers get confused by this and 'add' or 'take away' the P willy nilly. Just make sure that if you want the stand then your selected supplier is including it for the quoted price. Regards, yt.

4. boab_is

boab_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The "P" model was the name they gave to their model that Currys were doing for £799 which lacked Dolby Digital (Nicam only)

The Q model is the one with the Dolby Digital built in.

Check with the supplier to be absolutely sure

5. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, ALL ZP48 models come with Dolby digital/surround sound - the ZP46 is the model without surround sound(ie, Nicam only). As I say, the 'P' refers to whether it is supplied with a stand or not. Regards, yt.