1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Megf20s.....it's Arrived!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by vtr2004@tiscali, Jun 14, 2005.

1. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's here!!
    First impressions? Well I've only just got it out the box, but it's a very nice looking bit of kit. It's the silver one and the quality of the materials is very nice..
    The review I read someplace that it's navigation "cross" was poorly positioned and difficult to use is not true, I have tiny chubby little hands with pork sausage fingers, and it's no problem at all and fits well in the hand.

2. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am very interested in this player. Is there any chance of you writing a review of it once you have had a good play with it.

Realslimcookie.

3. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give it a go, but this is my first MP3 player and I'm fairly new to the game.
    Gimmy a coupla days. :hiya:

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,231
    where did you read that about "poorly positioned"? would have thought Toshiba putting it on the front is the "best position"

5. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant remember now, but the dudes complaint was that it was too low and was'nt comfortable.
    Load of ol codds if you ask me :)

6. miltie

miltie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i wrote it, on another thread on this forum. http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213172&page=2&pp=15

it was actually first mentioned in a review somewhere and i had to concur that it MIGHT give some people problems. i start my review on page two.

i have small hands. if you look at the top image, when i hold the giga normally, my thumb has to REALLY strain to use the bottom of the cross. in order to used it more comfortably, i have to hold the giga higher in my hand(bottom pic). not a big deal, but a sharp bump to your hand and the player can go flying.

i love my giga, btw. it's truely awesome, though not as stylish as the giga21.

Attached Files:

7. miltie

miltie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in this image i tried holding the player on its sides normally. the bottom cross was impossible to reach. could not be done. you cannot tell but my thumb is really straining to reach the bottom

i had to hold the player at its lower half to reach the bottom cross.

Attached Files:

8. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hey vtr2004 do you like this player?

im stuck between this one and the re-ordering the HD5.

9. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's proper bo I'll tell thee!!

Current dislikes (please see note)

Dont know how to get back to the view of the track being played after the main menu button has been pressed, to view other titles.

I have hundreds of single MP3's and I'd like to transfer these to the player in their own folder/album. Cant see how it's done

It AINT gapless. Green day American idiot, tracks 5-6 are seamless on the CD, but there is a noticable gap.

NOTE!!!
    I've only had it 24hrs, and worked 13 of those, so I'm rather new to it, i'm sure Miltie will be along in a bit to put me right :D

LIKES!!! (please see note!!)

It looks awsome

Materials, design, and general feel oooozez quality.

The album art thing rocks my boat

Sound quality, imho, is very good (I use srs wow 1)

Gigabeatroom is easy to use (sept for point 2 of dislikes)

Pretty crap review I know, but bottom line is that I've forked out £200 on my first mp3 player after farting about with portable walkmans for years, and I dont regret it at all. Just need a bit more time with it.

:smashin:

10. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    yeah it won't be gapless - the atrac format on the sony's does gapless

11. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just sussed that the problem with getting back to current track view isn't such a problem, it goes back on it's own after 60secs. Would like to go back at a press of a button though.

12. miltie

miltie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    swipe your finger left to right

13. miltie

miltie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in gigabeatroom, go to too/options/general tab is default. you have a browse field for "music filder:" and a browse field for "image folder:"

after you leave /options, click on "synchronize" in tool tab.

DRAG AND DROP,,,
    click on pc icon on left side of gigabeatroom and browse through your pc for the folder/s. drag/drop to gigabeat icon on left. there are also checkboxes if you want to do it that way

14. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Miltie, but I'm still a bit confused, heres the problem I have.

I want to be able to view what is on the giga via the "ALBUM" list from the main menu, that way i can scroll thru the albums and I am able to see the album art AND the album title.
    BUT after I have transfered a whole bunch of singles from my pc they are ALL individually listed as "ALBUMS". So what i get is them all mixed up inbetween the album titles.
    Hope that makes sense m8.
    Otherwise I'm really enjoying this player, took on holiday last week, and although I didnt keep track of the hours i used it for it lasted 5 of the seven days, just using it when i could.

Cheers

15. Omat128

Omat128

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One quick question, how's the battery life on this? Battery life is one of the most important things, thats why im thinkin bout getting the NW-HD5, but im keeping my options open. The Toshiba one looks awseom.

16. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Omat128
    I cant really comment on the exact battery life as I've not kept track on usage.
    Trouble is it's rather a grey area as it's dependant on so many things, I've not had mine long so I'm still flicking about, looking at pictures and generally doing all the sort of stuff that does nothing to prolong battery life.
    It's not such a factor for me, I take it with me. use it then recharge it. I'm not often THAT long away from home, and if i were I'd pack the charger with me smalls and socks, same as me mobi i spose.
    Cheers

17. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How the heck does one delete photos FROM the GB??
    Cant find any reference in the manuals.
    When I view pics via the GB or GB photoviewer I see no option for removal/deletion.

CR

18. paul155

paul155
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if there is a way to do this in the player itself, but when I needed to delete photos from my Gigabeat I attached it to the dock went onto my computer, and deleted them by going into "My Computer", selecting the Gigabeat drive, going into the Photos folder and deleting them from there.

19. vtr2004@tiscali

vtr2004@tiscali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Paul, why did'nt I think of that!! Doh
    Have you read my question above?

20. paul155

paul155
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi VTR - not sure if this would work as I don't really do singles - only albums for me!

Try going into where you store your music (if you are on default I suppose this will be in My Music). As far as I can understand, when you refresh the library in the gigabeat room, it takes a snap shot of these files. Therefore see if you can create a master folder called 'Singles' and drag and drop all your singles into there? If you have the 'Singles' folder at the same level as the Album folder names in your structure - when you refresh the gigabeat room library it may read it as a new album called 'Singles'. Anyway, not sure if this will work - but probably is worth a try.