1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Damo121, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Damo121

Damo121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Anybody know what the 26WL46B Tosh LCD is like. I have seen it on the RGB website and from the specs it looks quite good.

Cheers

Damo :)

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    I'm afraid it's too early to say. I've been on Toshiba's site and they still have the old 36 stasia sets!? I'm also interested in this set as rgb claims it has a res of 1366 by 768, (though I suspect it's actually 1280 by 768 as almost all lcds are), has 2 rgb and 2 component inputs plus another scart. Personally I'm gonna wait til 5th Aug and pick up what video and widescreen tv who will have a review of the set within it's lcd roundup. Still, £1,300 is very tempting for a 26" widescreen with hi-def, connectivity etc.... :)

3. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    The Toshiba LCD gets 5 stars in this month's What Hi-Fi which is some acclaim. They give it 5 stars in all categories as well.

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    just to add, I ordered the Toshiba on Thurs from www.unbeatable.co.uk which is being delivered on Mon. Will post my opinions after that. Had ordered Pan tx26", but decided on the Tosh instead as it was £350 cheaper, (have no need for the digital tuner), is smaller than the Pan, (significant as it's for a bedroom), and has one more component input, (means I can hook my pan 85 dvd via component/prog scan as well as my USA gc for now, or sky's hi-def broadcasts sometime 2006), and 16:9 ratio. Also have a component lead on it's way. Can't wait to test it out. :D