Toshiba LCD 58U2963DB 'Sources list' Fault

JMo91

Novice Member
When I turn on my TV, the 'Sources list' instantly pops up in the right hand corner of the screen and immediately starts to scroll down through the available options.

It renders my remote useless, all I can do is select one of the input options at random but as soon as it goes on to that input selection, the Sources list returns to the screen and carries on scrolling down through all the options again.

Unplugging the TV from the wall and plugging it back in makes no difference whatsoever, and the remote won't function to allow me onto the settings so I can't reset via any menu.

No other buttons on the remote work apart from the Netflix button and the Prime Video button, but seeing as though I can't access the menus to connect it to the Internet they are pointless.

Please somebody help 😭

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There's probably a stuck/sticky button on the controls on the set itself.
With a problem like this it's a good idea to give us the TV's model number.
You'll find it printed on the label on the rear.

JMo91

Novice Member
There's probably a stuck/sticky button on the controls on the set itself.
With a problem like this it's a good idea to give us the TV's model number.
You'll find it printed on the label on the rear.

The model number is 58U2963DB

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Check the multi-function control button at the bottom on the left hand side of the TV isn’t stuck or fouled in any way.
It can be toggled up, down and pushed in to control various functions and it's operation is described on page 3 of your TV's user manual

JMo91

Novice Member
Check the multi-function control button at the bottom on the left hand side of the TV isn’t stuck or fouled in any way.
It can be toggled up, down and pushed in to control various functions and it's operation is described on page 3 of your TV's user manual
Yeah thats all working fine mate

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Are you able to push it in and toggle it up/down to change channel and volume etc?
Have you just acquired this TV or have you had it a while?
Have you tried removing the batteries from the remote?
A stuck/sticky button on that can cause the same symptoms

JMo91

Novice Member
Are you able to push it in and toggle it up/down to change channel and volume etc?
Have you just acquired this TV or have you had it a while?
Have you tried removing the batteries from the remote?
A stuck/sticky button on that can cause the same symptoms
I can push it in yeah but it can't move up and down it doesn't have a toggle on it, it's just a power button attached to a small circuit board.

I've taken the bottom of the tv casing off and fully disconnected the button and the same thing is still happening.

Remote is fine as it works on our replacement Toshiba TV that they sent out to us after one attempt of trying to fix the one we originally bought (they sent a software update out on a USB that did absolutely nothing). Purchased the TV approx 2 years ago but its just been collecting dust under the stairs since they sent the new one out.

JMo91

Novice Member
Had a small break through but still left scratching my head, when I press and hold the button in on the left hand side of the tv the tv can function normally... but when I disconnect the button it still does the same fault.

I genuinely appreciate you trying to help me out @JayCee , thank you.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
That button is spring loaded up/down and in/out and I was going to suggest if you were able to remove the back panel you disconnect it, but if you've tried that and no change I'm out of ideas.
I presume when setting it up you selected “Home” rather than “Store” mode.
Store mode is a feature used (in stores) which automatically runs through and demos the TV's features.

JMo91

Novice Member
That button is spring loaded up/down and in/out and I was going to suggest if you were able to remove the back panel you disconnect it, but if you've tried that and no change I'm out of ideas.
I presume when setting it up you selected “Home” rather than “Store” mode.
Store mode is a feature used (in stores) which automatically runs through and demos the TV's features.
Yeah I was able to get onto the settings when I had the button pressed in to ensure store mode wasn't selected.

I'm going to see if good old cellotape can do a job for me!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom