1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba laptop help

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Fuzzyboy, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Fuzzyboy

Fuzzyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Hello everybody,

I'm looking to jump into the laptop market and am interested in:

the Toshiba Satellite Pro L10 (256mb/40g) or the Toshiba Satellite A50-105.

Does anyone have any first experience or opinions of these machines?

Regards,

FB

2. Yandros

Yandros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +531
    Actually, yes, kind of. I bought an A10 for our chairman at work as a spare laptop, and we have a P4 2.4 Satellite Pro at home. Both are about 2 years old though, so I can't comment on the lastest ones, just the Tosh ranges in general.

Both are quite large laptops. They're "luggable" rather than portable. Comparing the two 2 yr old Tosh models, the Satellite Pro clearly has the better build quality. The A10 case feels cheaper and more flimsy. Having said that, it's amazing value. Both have had no problems whatsoever so far, and we're still very happy with our Satellite, which is used for both office type apps and gaming.

I shop around for laptops for work semi-regularly, so if you can tell me what your requirements are I might be able to give you some other recommendations.

For example, for an ultra-lite, you won't go far wrong with a Tosh R100. If you want a desktop replacement, take a look at the widescreen HP/Compaq models.