Toshiba L7355 & LAN Control

KradWEB4

Does anyone know if is possible to control the TV over its LAN connection? By this I mean have a home automation system turn it on, change channel etc. I have downloaded the manual but to isn't exactly clear about what you can and can't do over the LAN, does anyone here know if it's possible?

next010

Distinguished Member
Not possible unless TV includes said feature. Now some TV's kinda have that like Samsung, Panasonic and LG offer some control via tablet apps.

What make TV is it ?

Edit: Brain freeze, yeah basically check Toshiba for any companion tablet apps.

Last edited:

KradWEB4

Toshiba finally got back to me about this, none of their TVs have network control. Does anyone know about any other brands (apart from Samsung who have apparently disabled wake on LAN) who have this type of control?

next010

Distinguished Member
Not explicit full control, rather like a dummy copy of the remote as a tablet app so some of the features are accessible, LG and Panasonic both offer this but I have feeling they are not really what your after and you would really have to get an in store demo to see them in action.

There is a guy on the XBMC forums planning on building a commercial TV line which runs XBMC, might be off his rocker but it if actually happens then it might be what your after as it would be far more open than any of the big AV vendors products.

KradWEB4

Yes, the problem I have is that I don't want to buy a TV and find out that this feature doesn't quite work in the way I want. Panasonic have told me that their TVs can only be controlled by their app over the network, not sure I believe them but not going to drop £350 finding out....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom