1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba/John Lewis

Discussion in 'TVs' started by nickcross, Jun 6, 2003.

1. nickcross

nickcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just found these forums - very handy!!

Bit of advice - trying to get John Lewis to price match for the ole 5 year guarantee.
    As I understand they send the JL delivery guys round rather than Toshiba engineers - for those who know - what do the Toshiba guys do? i.e. can I do it myself without too much hassle?!

Cheers,

Nick

2. nickcross

nickcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bad habit to followup your own posts but......found this from Gz H on Dec 2001. If this is basically all Tosh do then think I can manage that!

================
    I wanted it from Toshiba because I thought it was less likely to be damaged and they would set it up (it was called installation and setup!). The installation consisted of tuning it in and passing me the remote. Reading other commments on the Forum I think this is the standard you can expect from whoever you order it from. As it turns out it's exceeded my (high) expetations and I love it. I've had to set up the covergance once, which was painless.

3. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Not sure if JL offer an install service. When i received my Strata the delivery guys just ask you where you would like the very large box dropped. Remember that large tellies are 'kin heavy - putting it on the stand requires another pair of hands that can manage the lifting. I got through 3 Stratas and each time had to get a mate round to help. If i ever order another Toshiba telly i would definitely get it direct from Toshiba. There is a chance you may get through more than 1 set and having them do all the hard graft is very convenient.

4. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    JL offer an install service for £25, which will be performed by a local TV installer. They'll build the stand, setup the TV, and talk you through the basic functions.