Toshiba HD-XA2 - New Owner

A

AmerArcamOwner

I received my XA2 on Friday from Amazon along with the 3 HD-DVD's they offered. I sent out my rebate for the 5 HD-DVD's that Toshiba offered.

I went the Toshiba route after reading reviews and forums on its performance. But I must say the performance was even better than expected.

I had owned two Acram Universal players; the DV137 (died twice on me) and a DV139...which no longer recognizes SACD and DVD-Audio tracks so that is on its way back. Now these are not cheap players as they go for about $2,000.00 and $3,400.00 respectively but I have to say XA2 blew them away on standard DVD upconversion which I did not think was possible. My reference disc for standard DVD's is Ice Age 2. When I put that in I was blown away...an unbelievable picture.

I am now going all separates...the XA2 for video, a Marantz CD Player and a Pioneer Elite Universal for my SACD - DVD-Audio needs. I will also get a BluRay player this holiday season.

I also watched the three movies HD-DVD movies I got from Amazon....300, Pitch Black and TMNT....the picture was so good it was scary....I have a 56" JVC HD-ILA 1080p and it has never looked so good.

I was going to wait for the third generation players but with the price on Amazon, $569.00 along with the 8 free movies I saw no reason too. Am glad I didn't, well worth it.

eggybread

Standard Member
Welcome to XA2/XE1 ownership. As you say, it makes a great DVD player too.

And I can't resist a good moan about how us brits get ripped off vs the States... 8 FREE MOVIES!!! :mad: We get to send off to Toshiba for 2 discs, from a selection of 10. A little bitter. ;)

A

AmerArcamOwner

Welcome to XA2/XE1 ownership. As you say, it makes a great DVD player too.

And I can't resist a good moan about how us brits get ripped off vs the States... 8 FREE MOVIES!!! :mad: We get to send off to Toshiba for 2 discs, from a selection of 10. A little bitter. ;)

That sucks....you think these companies would make their offers to everyone. I know Blu-Ray is now running a 5 disc offer here in the USA. But I am going to wait until after the holidays to get one of those...hopefully they will have all the standards and bugs worked out by then.....

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom