Toshiba HD V1.4 Firmware for download

DVDNUT

Hello,

I am not sure how reliable this version is, but I have acquired v1.4 of the Toshiba firmware. I have another version on its' way to me on CD that has been tried and tested.

It is supposed to be suitable for the HD-A1, HD-D1 and HD-XA1.

If you cannot wait, then within the next hour I will be posting a link to the download. It is about 50Mb and after download you will need to uncompress the file and use Nero or something similar to burn the ISO image to a disk.

Please be warned though.
I cannot take any responsibility for this working, as I have not tried it myself.
If you use it and it screws your spanky new DVD player up, then I cannot help.
If you install the software, you are doing so AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Good luck.

Note, when the new CD arrives I will update this thread with the new software link.

DVDNUT

Hello ALL

Please read my above post for warnings about installing this entirely AT YOUR OWN RISK.

TarPot kindly helped out with this iso file that has worked fine for him.

Temporarily available here: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D9232FC4203786DA

This link will work for the next 7 days, in the meantime I will upload it elsewhere and update this post in a couple of days.

Please report back if the download works OK and if the update works for you too.

RyanK

cheers i`m downloading it now and will install it on my A1 in the next 30 minutes and will report back

thfccambs

Banned
Just like to add when i done my update on line it took over an hour,the 1st 10% 25mins so don't start to panic if nothing happens for 1st 20/30 mins.I take it that it would be same for using disk and downloading direct?:)

TarPot

hunts1uk said:
Just like to add when i done my update on line it took over an hour,the 1st 10% 25mins so don't start to panic if nothing happens for 1st 20/30 mins.I take it that it would be same for using disk and downloading direct?:)

No, it takes about 10mins via disc.

thfccambs

Banned
TarPot said:

Thanks for reply,wish i had waited for disk now.It was a very worrying hour.:D

RyanK

Thanks, the update works.

Still have a slight HDMI glitch.

When you load the disc the screen show the Toshiba black screen with the small disc tray icon. However when it finally decides which disc you have loaded it loses the HDMI handshake and my screen reverts back to normal TV for a second or two. it then reverts back to the HD-DVD.

The same thing happen when i press STOP. It will qucikly go back to normal TV for a second then switch back to the Toshiba black screen.

RyanK

TarPot said:

and for some reason it always seems to stay at 50% for quite a long time. Always scares that s**t out of me incase it has failed.

thfccambs

Banned
RyanK said:
Thanks, the update works.

Still have a slight HDMI glitch.

When you load the disc the screen show the Toshiba black screen with the small disc tray icon. However when it finally decides which disc you have loaded it loses the HDMI handshake and my screen reverts back to normal TV for a second or two. it then reverts back to the HD-DVD.

The same thing happen when i press STOP. It will qucikly go back to normal TV for a second then switch back to the Toshiba black screen.

RyanK get the same problem on my sagem,between loading and hddvd playing i always get no signal come up on screen .

RyanK

hunts1uk said:
RyanK get the same problem on my sagem,between loading and hddvd playing i always get no signal come up on screen .

i never had this problem with the original firmware though

thfccambs

Banned
RyanK said:
i never had this problem with the original firmware though

Weird,i've always had the problem.:confused:

DVDNUT said:
Well I am glad the update is working !

I hope it sorts out some problems for forum members.

Thanks for posting the update. It worked great. Thanks again :smashin:

satisian

Standard Member
I tried the internet link version of doing the update a few times without success. Says 'Updating' for upto 20mins but then switches off with no change to firmware.

I have downloaded the .iso file from this link. Looks like this is not zipped. However when I try and use Roxio to create CD from this image file, it says it is not an CD image file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DVDNUT said:
Hello ALL

Please read my above post for warnings about installing this entirely AT YOUR OWN RISK.

TarPot kindly helped out with this iso file that has worked fine for him.

Temporarily available here: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D9232FC4203786DA

This link will work for the next 7 days, in the meantime I will upload it elsewhere and update this post in a couple of days.

Please report back if the download works OK and if the update works for you too.

satisian said:
I tried the internet link version of doing the update a few times without success. Says 'Updating' for upto 20mins but then switches off with no change to firmware.

I have downloaded the .iso file from this link. Looks like this is not zipped. However when I try and use Roxio to create CD from this image file, it says it is not an CD image file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've never used Roxio but if you have Nero, click on "Files Of Type" and select image files .nrg .iso .cue
Then the .iso file should appear so you can burn it to cd.
Worked for me.
Hope this helps.

satisian

Standard Member
Many thanks 182, found Nero on one of my machines and it did the trick and update has worked. Much appreciated. :smashin:

satisian said:
Many thanks 182, found Nero on one of my machines and it did the trick and update has worked. Much appreciated. :smashin:

No probs mate, glad i helped you out. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022