Toshiba HD-EP30 v4.0 update

SLIM

Novice Member
Hay guys got my ep30 today and I think its got1.1v on it is it worth me updating it to v4.0 if so why what will it do thanks did try to find what i was looking for but was unable to so any info will be good thanks a lot

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
Hay guys got my ep30 today and I think its got1.1v on it is it worth me updating it to v4.0 if so why what will it do thanks did try to find what i was looking for but was unable to so any info will be good thanks a lot
yes IMO, 4 is a good stable release, more reliable and better PQ too.

SLIM

Novice Member
Ok i did the update the problem at all. still shame this player dont do xvid

Last edited:

jamie73uk

Standard Member
I got my ep30 last week, wher on earth can i download the iso for 4.0. Im sick of lookin, any hints guyz.
cheerz:thumbsup:

Simon-2k

Novice Member
Doesn't it update via ethernet anyway?

simonoaks

so can I connect it to a bt homehub via wireless connection?

Simon-2k

Novice Member
I updated my EP30, however it wont connect to the net to download the firmware.

There is nothing wrong with the connection. Does the online server still exist for firmware updates or do i need to do it via CD?

Cheers

gotatosh

Standard Member
Thanks Brian,
Now I know why I went to the trouble.:smashin:Now all I need now is someone to do an update so the usb can be used, Toshiba have told me they won't as they don't do HDDVD's any more! Still isn't a lot of the updates done by someone else anyway?

emthree

I updated my EP30, however it wont connect to the net to download the firmware.

There is nothing wrong with the connection. Does the online server still exist for firmware updates or do i need to do it via CD?

Cheers
The update via ethernet is still available. I did it only last week. You need to set the DHCP* to on, DNR* to off and must press confirm before pressing OK in the ethernet settings!
* I may have got these abbs. wrong but you will know what I mean in the ethernet settings:)

gazzame

the update eternet can be done found the setting in blood diamond with following

on eternet setting make dhcp and dns setting are on press confirm

within the setup menu make ntp setting is to on

this also makes online features work on blood diamond hey working after all this time

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom