For Sale Toshiba HD-EP30 HD-DVD Player boxed (plus bonus!)

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Marky1973, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    The old HD-EP30 has to go! I have offloaded most of my HD-DVD collection, so it is not getting used anymore - PS3 does all disc spinning.

It is boxed, with instructions, remote (with batteries!), power cable and HDMI cable.

This was updated over ethernet years ago, but has never been made region-free....I was too scared of bricking it.....but I presume it can still be done.

It has been a couple of months since I watched anything on it, but fired it up to day and it powers up as normal, so all in working order.

I say I have offloaded most of my HD-DVDs, but have a few left as they are US/AUS imports that CEX would not take (despite selling them...hey ho....).

So I have:

Stardust
    Transformers
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    The Deer Hunter
    Blade Runner - 5 disc
    Beowulf

Which I will shove in if you want them.

Collection is easier, but will post if necessary. I can always drop off somewhere if you are close to Gloucester.

Prices as follows

With all films - £50 posted £40 collected
    With no films - £40 Posted £30 collected

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Attached Files:

2. ufitsy

ufitsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Probably a daft question but do the discs you're selling play on the player you're selling?

3. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    I haven't tested them recently, but they have been played in the past (well, maybe not all five of the Blade Runner discs). What I don't know is if the WB discs have suffered like others over time.....hence they are chucked in as a cheap "bonus" with a little extra for postage. Hope this helps?

4. sloany1979

sloany1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Would you accept £35 delivered with the disks? Just buying as a spare so not really wanting to spend more.

5. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Hi Sloany, sorry, no a little low to be honest when you factor in postage. I would be better off keeping it as a spare player myself. Thanks for the offer though.

6. gunark

gunark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Has your EP30 ever had any disc freezing issues? Mine is getting worse and I'm looking to replace it. A cheeky £43 with films if so?

7. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Hi Gunark.....stupid question, presuming there wasn't anything "special" about disc freezing on the Toshiba HD-DVD players, I guess you just mean locking up during playback? I don't remember any issues with this.....not saying it never happened, but that kind of thing happens occasionally with any player.....just never noticeable.

How about £45?

8. gunark

gunark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    It was quite common back when they were more popular and mine does it with various good condition discs and renders it unwatchable.

Anyway, just checking my films again and I actually have most of them so how about £35 for the player only?

9. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Hi Gunark - sorry for the delay, just been double checking postage prices. I was hoping to get £30 for the player, so, factoring in the cost of couriers (with Hermes - local drop for for delivery) I would be looking for £37 without the discs.

Thanks for the offer, and let me know what you think?

10. gunark

gunark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    If you can do BT then yep, can do. Any chance you could send it to arrive on Wednesday? Won't be in till then.

11. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Would prefer Paypal if at all possible?

12. gunark

gunark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hmm as with fees that will push for £40 which is more than I wanted to spend. I'm happy to do Collect Plus if that's cheaper? Can pick that up from the shop near me and you could send it sooner if you'd prefer?

13. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    OKay, not used Paypal for a while and I thought they did fee free transfers, but that is only via a PayPal balance I see....how times change....you can send money for goods and services free, and I pay the charges? If you are happy to do that I can go with the Interparcel Hermes estimate which will be fine, and post on Monday to arrive Wednesday. (I think I have something daft like $2 left in my paypal account to cover the fees)

If not, then we can go with a bank transfer and I will post via interparcel/hermes.....the Collect+ thing is a bit more expensive.

Do you want to check the Hermes Parcel Shop to make sure there is one near you? If there is, great, I'll stop messing you around and get this sorted. :thumbsup:

14. gunark

gunark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Ok I can PP in that case. There's a Hermes place nearby too so I can do that if its cheaper than sending it directly. Drop me a PM with your details and we will go from there.

Cheers!

15. gunark

gunark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Ep30 received and happy, will leave rating when I get to a desktop that's currently under some wallpaper tat...

16. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    Great, glad it got there! No rush about the feedback, so don't worry!