Toshiba HD-E1 Sound problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jan2926, Sep 6, 2007.

1. jan2926

jan2926
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just taken delivery of a Toshiba HD-E1KE HD-DVD, connected to TV with hdmi and to the amp with optical cable.

Does anyone know how I configure the dvd player to send audio via optical cable to the amp? Currently both sound and video are going to tv. The audio options on the DVD only seem to be for type of output and not to force it to use the optic connection ....

....any help appreciated :)

2. TrevorS

TrevorS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    The optical output is always active -- just follow the instructions in the manual and hook it up!

3. NewMan

NewMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +890
    I've got exactly the same setup as you (until I can afford my new amp!), and I didn't need to do anything except as was stated above. Just plugged it in, and it all worked happily.

Edit: Unless what you are trying to say isn't "force it to use the optical connection", but rather "force it NOT to use the HDMI for audio", in which case, I don't think that is possible.

Hope that helps at all.

4. jan2926

jan2926
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ha! Success :) Last night I had no S-video cable for the amp - its much easier to figure out with the on-screen set up.

Cheers