Toshiba HD-E1 settings ?

bboy-mass

Established Member
Reaction score
Yo, :D

Been messing around with my E1 tonight and have the following questions:

1. Does True Hd sound quieter to you guys compared to Dolby+ ???

2. If my AMP (Yamaha RX-V1600) was not able to handle True HD, would there be NO sound, or would it down scale it to Dolby + ??

3. Is the E1 in need of a 2.0 firmware out of the box, or is the 2.0 upgrade for the USA model ??

Can't beleive Ive been sat here all day listening to Dolby+ going off my head thinking its True HD:) Once I pressed the display button and cycled through the AUDIO button I found the TRUE-HD sound track on Constantine and Harry Potter. Sounds great but its quieter on my Yammy???? Cant make my mind upwhich sounds better.

Oh well, time to set my kids Wii up for tomorrow morning.:thumbsup:

Have a good Xmas guys, and god bless.

R.
Nigel

From my observations of my E1, I'll try and answer

1. Does True Hd sound quieter to you guys compared to Dolby+ ???

I cant really tell a difference, I only have one disk that has True Hd Though.

2. If my AMP (Yamaha RX-V1600) was not able to handle True HD, would there be NO sound, or would it down scale it to Dolby + ??

If you have the player connected to the amp via optical cable then the player is downmixing the selected audio track to 1.5mbps DTS which your amp will play no matter what soundtrack is selected.

3. Is the E1 in need of a 2.0 firmware out of the box, or is the 2.0 upgrade for the USA model ??

I think that upgrade is for A1 or XA1 player, which is the A2 / E1 predecessor. The E1 out of the box has the latest firmware for that player, at least acording to my internet connected E1.

Happy Xmas,

My E1 is connected to the Yammy via HDMI and the display states its receiving MPCM (Multi Channel PCM)??? so I guess Im listening to True Hd:thumbsup:

My mates been over today and is gob smacked with the sound on the E1. Hes a ARcam freak (like me) and the picture quality of CARS scaled to 1080i is without doubt the best scaled DVD we have ever seen.

Im realy glad I purchased the E1 and cant wait to watch my old DVDs scaled at 1080i.

BTW, apart from the sound track, the SD DVD of American Werewaof in London (DTS) sounds and looks better the the HD version:thumbsdow

Just goes to show that SD DVD scaled can be as good as NEW HD-DVDs.:D

Have a nice new year guys.

R.
Nigel

the sound has definitly improved with the hd E1. Upscaling is amazing considering the price of the player. Im very pleased with this player hope it gets a good review

Ageed.

My Arcam DV88+ will soon be up for sale when they crack the SD-DVD region code on the E1.:D

Im very pleased and Im so glad to have high bitrate sound again.

Im thinking of buying a Rotel 1095 5 Chan power amp to hang off my Yammy.
I'll use the processor and video switching on the Yammy.

Very pleased.:clap:

R.
Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom