Toshiba HD-E1 £252 or Denon 1930 £201?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by medicmanonet, Apr 27, 2007.

1. medicmanonet

medicmanonet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi all,

I've posted here as I was after the Denon 1930 upscaling dvd player until I found out that the Tosiba HD-E1 could also upscale and was availible for another £50.

I am about to buy a Toshiba 37 C3030DB LCD which is only 1080i (1366 x 768).

Bearing in mind the screen I'm going to use, would I actually see any differance between normal dvd upscalled between either of these players?

HD disks played on the HD-E1 should look much better than either of the players upscaling normal dvd's.. or am I wrong?

Why are people buying dvd upscaling players such as the Denon 1930 (which has had rave review) if the HD play which also upscales is only £50 mor expensive?

Am I missing something?:confused:

2. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,164
    No you're not. The recent price drop in the HD-E1 made that my choice without hesitation. The Denon 1930 can of course be multi region whereas the HD-E1 can only play R2 SD discs. HD-DVDs are region free.

The upscaling performance on the HD-E1 far outweighs that of the Denon, which is also renowned for its lip-synch issues.

Get the HD-E1 it'll go hand in your hand with your lovely new screen too!

3. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    what kind of processing chip does the toshiba have?