Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba HD DVD player Ep30

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Barnster68, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Barnster68

Barnster68
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have just purchased a brand New Toshiba Hd DVD player
    I've set the player up tried a few films & they play okay
    When I removed the disc I have had a message on the front of the player LOADOP which flashes on & off I have tried turning the player off by the remote & also by holding the power button on the front of the player which also won't turn the player off.
    I have to pull the power cord from the back of the player to turn it off the remote is also very slow to respond.
    Is this problem a software/firmware issue with the player being brand New & unused it has never had any updates.

Hope somebody can advise me

Kind regards
    Barnster68

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    Have you had a look through its user manual to check for the meaning of that message in its display?

3. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,302
    What version of firmware is on it? I have 3 of these players

4. Barnster68

Barnster68
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    4.0 successfully installed onto player now.

I'm looking for HD DVD films & concerts if anybody have any ! they no longer want !

5. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,302
    If it was genuine brand new stock then it will have early firmware o it. It may well not play certain later HD DVDs without a firmware update. This was the reason I asked. I do have a CD and iso to burm one to update the firmware and make the DVD multiregion. HD DVDs are not themselves regionalised so any will play in any player. As I say I have 3 of these 2 fully working and now multiregion DVD and one stuck in an upgrade loop from factory firmware which locks up when put in standby and repowered but functions again after a power reset (switch off at mains) until it is put in standby - which sounds a little like your original post symptoms.

I also have a Samsung Bluray/ HD DVD combo unit (US import) and 3 XBox 360 HD Drives - I only wanted 2 but it was cheaper to buy a complete system than a replacement remote.