toshiba hd dvd e1 now in stock

munim

toshiba are now taking orders for the HD e1 . They have them in stock if you want one before christmas you better order one now. Guaranteed delivery before CHRISTMAS. :thumbsup:

munim

go for it . Toshiba agent told me there is a firmware coming out soon for the hd e1 which will upgrade it to 1080p for free. COOL:clap:

Nic Rhodes

go for it . Toshiba agent told me there is a firmware coming out soon for the hd e1 which will upgrade it to 1080p for free. COOL:clap:

Cool, that will be good, pity the HDMI chip isn't capable of this ;) It uses SiI9030CTU which is limited to 112MHz, so for 720p or 1080i only. (You would need the 150Mhz SiI9030CTU-7 for 1080p). Assuming it is the same as the A2 US model, which most people think it will be.

RS 4273

Novice Member
Cool, that will be good, pity the HDMI chip isn't capable of this ;) It uses SiI9030CTU which is limited to 112MHz, so for 720p or 1080i only. (You would need the 150Mhz SiI9030CTU-7 for 1080p). Assuming it is the same as the A2 US model, which most people think it will be.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You are correct it is impossible and yes it is the same as the usa spec A2 so there will be no 1080p on this model.! :rolleyes:

T800

Novice Member
The 5.1 analogue mean more to me than 1080p at this point.

KenB2

Hi,

Good to hear stock has finally arrived in the UK – I wonder how many units have been assigned to the UK (my order's actually with HiFiBitZ)?

I'm also not bothered about 1080p straight from the player – I will be using a scaler to convert to 48Hz 1080p anyway :)

I'm also happy to go with the TOS link connection for DTS at the moment, although I have been keeping my eye on the HDMI compatible processors, nothing has made me want to change yet, maybe when HDMI 1.3 settles down.

Merry Christmas all!

Ken B

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom