Toshiba HD-A1 from MovieTyme?

fatrich

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all
just gone on to their website to order the HD-A1 and it's no where to be seen , anyone know if they have any stock? or due to lack of stock they have temporarlly pulled it?

cheers

richard

Hi,

If it's showing as "in stock", does that mean it's same day dispatch?

The HD-XA1 is showing up in the same day dispatch but the HD-A1 isn't

Forest Fan said:
Hi,

If it's showing as "in stock", does that mean it's same day dispatch?

The HD-XA1 is showing up in the same day dispatch but the HD-A1 isn't

I like you would be interested to know the answer to your question, but with Craig being a retailer he is limited to what he can and cannot say on these forums, best to send an email to Movietyme and ask them directly like i have just recently done:D

richard

From my (mostly good) experience with movietyme, if it aint on the same day dispatch page, then they haven't got it in stock in the UK. Meaning they'll have to ship it over to you from the states.

Sounds like it's not in stock in the UK then. :(

I finally got a refund for my faulty HD-DVD Qosmio and was hoping I could get hold of an HD-A1 before my trip abroad next week.

Thanks

Hi

does anybody now how long it takes for hd dvd movies to arrive from movietyme as i ordered 2 from them yesterday

They have quite a few on next day delivery, i would of thought delivery time would be the same as normal dvd's anything from 3 or 4 days to a week

richard

hi guys ..first post(been reading forum for a long time though)

anybody get a tosh HD-A1 from movietyme..if so can you tell me how long for delivery. been waiting on mine for about a week. im getting impatient.
one other question anybody with the HD-A1 played a standard dvd pal disc on the machine .whats the playback like ..cheers guys.....keith

Hi Keithy180, Welcome to the Forums!
Like you, I ordered my HD-A1 from Movietyme, it said in stock on the website, which meant in their U.S. office. Mine took 13 days to arrive, which seems endless when you are dying to try it out!

Worth the wait though, it was well packed and worked a treat. Movietyme will send you an E-Mail the day it is posted, you will receive it the next day.

Definately worth the wait though, picture and sound quality is just fantastic:thumbsup:

keithy180 said:
one other question anybody with the HD-A1 played a standard dvd pal disc on the machine .whats the playback like

I don't own the player but from what I've read it doesn't play PAL discs, only NTSC.

no guarantee either, in case the small 30-day was making you consider movietyme over anyone else. Seems the use of a step-down transformer is out of the scope of the guarantee.

Surely anyone in Europe ordering one would need to use a stepdown?

David77 said:
I don't own the player but from what I've read it doesn't play PAL discs, only NTSC.

it must play the pal format as the hd discs are region free. or have i missed something:confused:

Thxfan said:
Hi Keithy180, Welcome to the Forums!
Like you, I ordered my HD-A1 from Movietyme, it said in stock on the website, which meant in their U.S. office. Mine took 13 days to arrive, which seems endless when you are dying to try it out!

Worth the wait though, it was well packed and worked a treat. Movietyme will send you an E-Mail the day it is posted, you will receive it the next day.

Definately worth the wait though, picture and sound quality is just fantastic:thumbsup:
cheers for the reply thx. hopefully i will get mine sometime this week :)

keithy180 said:
it must play the pal format as the hd discs are region free. or have i missed something:confused:

It will only playe R1 NTSC dvds and not r2 PAL or any other regions like ordinary DVDs. HD DVDs however have no regional coding but other things may prevent the player from playing new discs from other parts of the world, we just don't know atm. We need to try them first, currently however it plays all HD DVDs that have been produced. It may not have region coding but we don't know how it will deal with 50Hz playback, if used.

Nic Rhodes said:
It will only playe R1 NTSC dvds and not r2 PAL or any other regions like ordinary DVDs. HD DVDs however have no regional coding but other things may prevent the player from playing new discs from other parts of the world, we just don't know atm. We need to try them first, currently however it plays all HD DVDs that have been produced. It may not have region coding but we don't know how it will deal with 50Hz playback, if used.

so we still dont know either way..still there must be someone with a HD-A1
who has tried to play a pal (region free disc/backup disc) mabe even pal home movies put on dvd..hope someone out there could give it a try so we can finally put this to bed.. if not will try when mine arrives

R2 PAL Region error
R2 NTSC Region error
R2 / R4 music DVD it says something like this is a PAL disc and I cannot play PAL discs (unlike region error message above).

as I have said previously I believe these US HD A1 players recognise PAL but don't have the stuff to play it. The UK player will have, but does it have NTSC? It is common for US players to be NTSC only and UK players to be NTSC and PAL aware, forgetting all the region stuff.

anyone think of some good r0 PAL DVDs to try?

Nic Rhodes said:
R2 PAL Region error
R2 NTSC Region error
R2 / R4 music DVD it says something like this is a PAL disc and I cannot play PAL discs (unlike region error message above).

as I have said previously I believe these US HD A1 players recognise PAL but don't have the stuff to play it. The UK player will have, but does it have NTSC? It is common for US players to be NTSC only and UK players to be NTSC and PAL aware, forgetting all the region stuff.

you could rip a R2 PAL disc and burn it as R0. Just for educational purposes, natch :p

I stuck a PAL DVD-RAM in the machine (XA1) and was surprised as it sort of played it. The audio was fine but the picture was offset - it had dropped by about one fifth of the screen and thus there was a black bar on top and the picture was cropped below. Nothing wrong with the disc so it must just be the software not understanding PAL. It played an NTSC DVD-RAM fine though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom