Toshiba HD A1 + 6 titles - £399?

suniil

AVF home page says:-

Buy any HD-DVD or Blu-ray player and receive your choice of 6 movie titles free of charge. All prices include shipping and importation charges. To order simply go to the site and place your player and 6 movies into the cart. At checkout please type in AV FORUMS MEMBER plus your login name into the comments box and you will only be charged for the player.
Cost of HD A1 player is £420 but just above footer of this page have further 5% off if you pay via bank transfer / pay over counter to Loyds TSB. This reduces the cost of player to £399 and AVF members get free 6 titles.

Correct me if i'm wrong!

TopMeTom

Banned
hmmmmm they seem to have all differing packs on the site now,what's going on.....what one do you order?

jsgreen89

Novice Member
The £419.99 player doesn't include the HD-DVDs. The £479.99 package DOES include the 6 HD-DVDs.

I think that's how it works anyway.

suniil

that's we understand from dvdworldusa website, but AVF website have a different offer as quoted above. It clearly says *any HD/Blu-ray player* and not *any HD/Blu-ray player package*

jsgreen89 said:
The £419.99 player doesn't include the HD-DVDs. The £479.99 package DOES include the 6 HD-DVDs.

I think that's how it works anyway.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
It now says package. That was my fault in combining the two offers into one.

it what way are the titles free, then? if a non package hddvd is £420 and a package is more. where are the freebies?

Seth Gecko

retired member
weyland-yutani said:
it what way are the titles free, then? if a non package hddvd is £420 and a package is more. where are the freebies?
Stuart's stated it should have read package not player.

If you buy the package you normally get 5 titles, by saying you're an AV Forums member, you get 6. (So basically a free HD-DVD title).

That's how I read it.

pinecooler

Novice Member
Major problem with his advert for the package though!

He says if you buy the package which is £60 more expensive than the standalon player then you will get 5 free titles up to a value of 19.99 each.

The 'package' appears to differ in no way to a standalone player other than the 'free' HD-DVDs that costs you £60. So at best its buy a player and get 6 titles for the price of 3.

Wonder what trading standards would say?:D

samjpullen

pinecooler said:
Major problem with his advert for the package though!

He says if you buy the package which is £60 more expensive than the standalon player then you will get 5 free titles up to a value of 19.99 each.

The 'package' appears to differ in no way to a standalone player other than the 'free' HD-DVDs that costs you £60. So at best its buy a player and get 6 titles for the price of 3.

[/B]Wonder what trading standards would say?:D[/B]
:rotfl:

midknight

Distinguished Member
Just but it from Movietyme - they are offereing 7 free HD DVD's with either player to AV Forum members - just e-mail Craig :thumbsup:

jsgreen89

Novice Member
I've emailed Craig about this. 7 free HD-DVDs with the A1? I'll be right there if that's the case..

If it's only with the X-A1 then i'll probably go for the 6 free HD-DVD offer with the A1 instead.

jsgreen89

Novice Member
philb said:
it's both players mate.
Awesome! I guess you have to email him in order to get the offer though..

Is delivery still within 24 hrs?

midknight

Distinguished Member
jsgreen89 said:
Awesome! I guess you have to email him in order to get the offer though..

Is delivery still within 24 hrs?
if he has them instock then yes - mine was!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Top Bottom