1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba geometry... HELP!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by HeadBanger, Apr 5, 2001.

1. HeadBanger

HeadBanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    I have a Tosh 32MW7DB.

I have just got DVD Platinum disc and have been checking out the video settings.

On looking at the Geometry test pattern, the squares appear smaller on the right than on the left (getting progreesively bigger from right to left).

I know how to get in to the service menu but does anyone know which setting to adjust? :confused:

2. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First VERY IMPORTANT, Write down the original hex setting so if you mess it up you can set it back to how you found it.
    I had to set mine back.

Press 'TV/Video' on Remote to scroll to a built-in Grid test pattern. Need full Grid, not just a Cross.

VLIN - adjusts the grid spacing in the vertical direction to be all equal.

PARA - adjusts the bow in / bow out of the vertical lines, near the edges of screen. Adjust for straightest lines.

CNR - adjusts bowing/ curving of vertical lines, near the screen corners. Adjust for straightest lines.

TRAP - adjusts the vertical lines in a trapezoid fashion. Adjust for straightest lines.

Does anyone know how much a TV repair guy would charge to sort out bad geometry?

3. HeadBanger

HeadBanger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Ben,

Many thanks for your reply. I have already tried adjusting the settings you have detailed to no avail (although I will have another go!).

I need a setting which will stretch the right hand side of the picture (or compress the left) in order to get even squares horizontally.

Does any one know if this is possible via the service menu or am I going to have to call out an engineer to have a look?

Presumably he'll only be able to access the same menu in any case - or does something internally need tweaking?

Any help will be very much appreciated! :D

4. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0