1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba ET1 - Cheap Replacement Bulb

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gordon WT, May 14, 2005.

1. Gordon WT

Gordon WT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I bought one of these projectors a couple of weeks ago for about £365 and I have to say it is fantastic for the money. I got a 5ft pull-down screen from Ebay for less than £50 and attached it to my bedroom wall. With the projector sitting on a chair not that far way from the screen I get a tremendous picture for the money. :thumbsup: I'm using a Sony Dav-550 through component inputs and Progressive Scan.

Anyway, I was looking for the cheapest place to buy a replacement bulb (hopefully the original will last close to it's stated 2000 hours - though I doubt it will!!) and found this site:

http://www.tsi-europe.com/acatalog/TLPET1.html

Can anybody beat that price?

Gordon

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,016
    That's a pretty good price for a lamp, even though it's almost half the cost of the pj it's for. Many are twice that price.

This is more typical:

http://www.bltdirect.co.uk/cat2004_1.htm

I used Google and there are a few places selling lamps.

Gary.

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I'd be careful of shelling out for a new bulb now unless you are a heavy user and are very likely to need a replacement while the unit is still under warranty.

What if the unit requires a costly fix when just out of warranty? You may decide you've had your money's worth and buy a new PJ...PJ

4. Gordon WT

Gordon WT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Very true.

I was just checking out the best places to get a bulb for when the inevitable happens.

To be honest if I get a year out of it at that price I'll be happy. You normally have to spend a grand to get a PJ that works as well as the Tosh. It's been a great introduction to PJ's for me as I had never seriously considered them for Home Cinema, thinking that a big plasma was the way to go......now I would consider a better model in the future with improved contrast.

Gordon