Toshiba EP30 Region Free Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
all went well for me, first i made my e30 region free and all was well, then as i have an amp that can decode hd audio i then tried the other way and i have now turned my e30 into a multiregion e-35 and its working fine. However i can only bitstream and decode dolby digital+, if i try dolby true hd or dtsma all i get is silence, now i dont know if its just my amp, but with my bluray player i can get bitstreamed truehd and dtsma no problem. So it looks as if bitstreaming hd audio does require hardware that the e35 has and the e30 doesnt. Not too bothered as i switched off the direct auio and the decoded true hd audio sounds great.
If you want to go back to EP30-mode then do the following:
1) EP35-Dirty1.iso
2) EP30-Dirty2.iso

So it looks as if bitstreaming hd audio does require hardware that the e35 has and the e30 doesnt. Not too bothered as i switched off the direct audio and the decoded true hd sent as pcm sounds great.

That's right i'm afraid :( it's hardware limited.

One question please Viking61,

When my EP30 it had been EP35 what firmware update
I will make from Internet?

For EP30 v.4 or EP35 v.4 - or let automatically choose the
proper firmware update?

Thanks in advance
If your player is in EP30-mode then you use EP30 v.4, and if your player thinks it is an EP35 then you use EP35 v.4. :)

I suppose it will automatically choose the correct one if updating through internet.

Last edited:
viking just to let you know i got it sorted.i,m now the proud owner of a region free ep30:):D:thumbsup:;);););).thank you so much.

I forgot to say :eek: good work Viking. :thumbsup:

viking just to let you know i got it sorted.i,m now the proud owner of a region free ep30:):D:thumbsup:;);););).thank you so much.

You got it sorted by yourself ???? .. wow :smashin:

Can't do mine till tomorrow as my stupid Mac won't write the discs to the right format, will use iso burner tomorrow at work and get sorted tomorrow evening.

Got to say again thanks to Viking61, dedication is what you need. Deserves some form of prize or congratulations, if you have a paypal account let us all know and we could donate something to your good self. You deserve it!

Can't do mine till tomorrow as my stupid Mac won't write the discs to the right format, will use iso burner tomorrow at work and get sorted tomorrow evening.

Got to say again thanks to Viking61, dedication is what you need. Deserves some form of prize or congratulations, if you have a paypal account let us all know and we could donate something to your good self. You deserve it!

Hehe, making you guys happy is salary enough for me. :D

Anyway, it was not me making the firmware. I just tinkered with it.

Congratulations Viking. Although I don't own an EP-30, it feels good that you were able to crack it. I knew if there is anyone out there who can, you will do it. Well done and you rightly and richly deserve all the plaudits coming your way:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As you were having what looked like a bricked player,can you tell us how you managed to sort the problem to reassure others who may just "hang there" and panic.:)

Although I don't own one anymore

:thumbsup:WELL DONE MATE!!:thumbsup:

Great news, knew some bright sparks would get it working one day ! PM sent....

can you please post how you got it sorted
incase any of us has the same problem
cheers mate

Any chance you can host the file elsewhere? ive been trying to get it for the past 5 hours but all im getting is a Skydrive page saying the page cant be loaded :suicide:

If I cant get it at this time of night in the UK ive got no chance during the day!

As an alternative, once I have used discs this evening (successfully I hope) I would quite happily post them off to anyone who is stuck trying to either make discs or download files. If this is acceptable to the moderators? First to PM me can have them in the post tomorrow. If I get a load of requests then it would be a case of each person passing on to next.

can you please post how you got it sorted
incase any of us has the same problem
cheers mate
Hi mate.

I think you have some problems with your email addy. My invitation to the shared folder was not delivered.

Last edited:
As an alternative, once I have used discs this evening (successfully I hope) I would quite happily post them off to anyone who is stuck trying to either make discs or download files. If this is acceptable to the moderators? First to PM me can have them in the post tomorrow. If I get a load of requests then it would be a case of each person passing on to next.

Print the installation procedure and send that with the discs. :smashin:

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea. :)

Can the installation procedure on page 1 of this thread be used ?

Also when applying v4 afterwards do you use the EP30 or EP35 firmware ?

:)

Procedure is one and the same.

If you are doing the ep30 adatation then it is the ep30 firmware you want use. If it's the ep35 dirty method then I believe it should be the ep35 firmware, if Viking61 can confirm that?

Can the installation procedure on page 1 of this thread be used ?

Also when applying v4 afterwards do you use the EP30 or EP35 firmware ?

:)
There is only one installation procedure. The only difference is that you use EP35-Dirty2.iso as the second disc if you want to make the EP30 into an EP35.

Concerning v4 update afterwards. If the player is in EP30-mode, you use EP30 firmware. If the player is in EP35-mode, you use EP35 firmware.

Last edited:
There is only one installation procedure. The only difference is that you use EP35-Dirty2.iso as the second disc if you want to make the EP30 into an EP35.

If the player is in EP30-mode, you use EP30 firmware. If the player is in EP35-mode, you use EP35 firmware.

Thanks, I have both EP30 dirty firmwares atm .. but I think I would be tempted to change it to an EP35 :)

Have tried the skydrive page again but still not having any luck .. can you use that other thing you sent me for the EP35 dirty2 ?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom