Toshiba EP30 Region Free Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM me your Live Messenger or Hotmail ID.
Thanks for your successful efforts Viking. I'd love to do the same, but I have a general motto to avoid all things Microsoft whereever I can:D:D
OTOH, I can understand your reasons for the controlled release:)

Thanks for your successful efforts Viking. I'd love to do the same, but I have a general motto to avoid all things Microsoft whereever I can:D:D
OTOH, I can understand your reasons for the controlled release:)
You can ask Khitomer to send you the discs when he is finished upgrading his player. :)

Paul

Not thinking of upgrading mate,only got the 2700 a couple of months ago.Really happy with it and I think I am only missing out on seeing the hd codec displayed on the amp(which I can live without).:)

Hi mate.

I think you have some problems with your email addy. My invitation to the shared folder was not delivered.

i got access to your shared folder mate and it let me download the files
cheers mate
dont really know what happened your end ???
but got them now
one more thing
i am very sceptical about updating firmares for the sake of it
my player is still at 1.3
i did download 2.0 and burnt to disc but put it straight in the box
the reason being is that if some enabled a multiregion patch (like yourself)
and it was on 1.3 and i was on on version 2 i couldnt do it as most firmwares never let you roll back
i know the tosh does as i ahve seen one of your other files
i did notice when watching fred claus (standard dvd not hddvd)last night that the picture was alittle jolty is that down to the 1.3 firmware, (as the camera scrolled accross the screen it would stop/jolt for a split second and carry on again, dont want to put the region patch in if its gotta go back.
is this a common bug on earlier firmwares also am i best to upgrade to either 2 or 4 firmware before running the multi region patch
many thanks for you time
sco7t
:thumbsup:
(BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU SIR)

I think firmware version 4.0 is the best regarding picture quality. Maybe someone else can give a better answer. :)

Now I can play R1 on the EP30, just noticing how bad the video encoding is on a lot of my early Region 1 two-sided WB snapper case discs - e.g. Mars Attacks, US Marshals. PQ is not far above VHS - also played them through the same screen through component on a Denon 1930 and no better, so it's not the EP30 upscaling at fault. Time for some upgrades maybe?

John H

Mars Attacks, US Marshals. PQ is not far above VHS - also played them through the same screen through component on a Denon 1930 and no better, so it's not the EP30 upscaling at fault. Time for some upgrades maybe?

John H

Hi, no player is going to make a bad transfer look HD, all it can do is give you a more accurate reproduction of the content on the disk .. and I would imagine the disks being the fault here with rather poor transfers :(

Paul

Not thinking of upgrading mate,only got the 2700 a couple of months ago.Really happy with it and I think I am only missing out on seeing the hd codec displayed on the amp(which I can live without).:)

I thought it was newish :D

In that case, I don't think it would matter either way in your case mate :smashin:

Still unsure whether to upgrade mine or not as I already have the MR XE1 and I was planning on selling my EP30 as it has been barely used for 1yr now :( I originally got the firmware for a couple of mates at work but started considering it myself :rolleyes:

I thought it was newish :D

In that case, I don't think it would matter either way in your case mate :smashin:

Still unsure whether to upgrade mine or not as I already have the MR XE1 and I was planning on selling my EP30 as it has been barely used for 1yr now :( I originally got the firmware for a couple of mates at work but started considering it myself :rolleyes:

Surely a multiregion Ep30 would be worth more than a R2 only one ;)

Surely a multiregion Ep30 would be worth more than a R2 only one ;)

I already have it in the classifieds (but closed it while I considered the MR upgrade) so cannot charge any extra for it :(

fantastic news :) Well done sir!

And to the guy on the other forum trying to flog his version, a great big up yours from the rest of the world! :D

Worked on my EP30 - woo-hoo!

Applied region free firmware and everything went smoothly great work by Viking61 you derseve every plaudit in this forum. I have been waiting for this for a long time now all my Region 1 discs can now be enjoyed . Once again Thanks you are a legend.

Decided to try it myself, gonna go the EP35 route just in case I decide to keep it :D

Done :smashin:

Rather a painless procedure, and very well done by Viking61 .. Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Now, keep or sell ? :devil:

just a quickie...

4. Let it stay like that for 10 minutes

Does something happen on the screen at the 10min mark? what happens if you leave it longer or shorter?

fantastic news :) Well done sir!

And to the guy on the other forum trying to flog his version, a great big up yours from the rest of the world! :D

Who would be low enough to do that? What a swine.

Who would be low enough to do that? What a swine.

Yes, do tell :D

Tested a couple of region 1's and both worked fine :thumbsup: haven't tried bitstream audio as I cannot be bothered to change cables around etc! :) now just need to think of a new name for it .. EP30/5 seems adequate ;)

Couldn't wait any longer, did mine over lunch break, took about 40 minutes in total. Went the 35 route to allow for future receiver upgrade! Working perfectly, tried couple of region 1's. Have not tested RCE yet, can't remember which of my discs it affects.

Thanks again Viking61 - you da man!

just a quickie...

Does something happen on the screen at the 10min mark? what happens if you leave it longer or shorter?

I just put 10 minutes to have a safety margin. Just in case the update was still doing something. Probably it will work just as well if you unplug it at once the 10004050 error shows up.

Last edited:
A big :smashin: to Viking. All sorted - thought it hadn't worked when I put in my "There will be blood" R1 dvd and then thought - "RCE?" - applied the RCE hack and bingo! Thanks Viking! :clap::clap:

many thanks viking for doing this
you're a legend
can somone point me in the right direction though i have the ep30 but can only see ep35 firmware regionfree version 1.3 iso
is this what i should be downloading or do i make it into an ep35 beforehand?#
many thanks

many thanks viking for doing this
you're a legend
can somone point me in the right direction though i have the ep30 but can only see ep35 firmware regionfree version 1.3 iso
is this what i should be downloading or do i make it into an ep35 beforehand?#
many thanks
Don't you have anything under Shared Folders? Don't go into the Toshiba folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom