Toshiba E1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mattlank6, Sep 15, 2007.

1. mattlank6

mattlank6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, sorry cos im sure this has been asked b4, Toshiba Hd E1, any good? 179.99 in play now! I have a Pioneer 42 OXD Thanks Matt.

2. TrevorS

TrevorS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Well, you can always look up some reviews on the internet, but from what I've seen, it's a whole lot more than just "any" good. I have the A2 (U.S. equivalent) and my description would be VERY good :)!

3. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    i think it's excellent, both HD and the up scaling capabilities of SD Dvds are fantastic, excellent value for money at £179

4. TechieSarah

TechieSarah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I brought one of these when it came out at £449 it was great then, and at £179 is even better value now.

Also bought an EX1 recently so moved the E1 upstairs.

HD-DVD at £179 shows a dramatic improvement on many films with a 720p or 1080p display, but be warned occasional movies look terrible such as the American Werewolf in London, for a really good look try MI3 or Superman.

5. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    The price is good, but with your screen I'd be looking at a player which could do progressive and 24Hz output, and for a mere £70 or so more, Toshiba will shortly launch the EP30 HDDVD player. Don't forget to check for any current/upcoming free disc promotions too, for either player - I'm sure everyone likes free discs - if they are movies you like, they can certainly take some of the wallet sting out of the decision process :) )

Of course, if your display does perfect deinterlacing and pulldown removal (though even the very best can still be tripped up at scene changes etc), then progressive output from the player may be a bit of a moot point!