• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba dvr19dt fault

KEB1

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have a Toshiba dvr19dt combo VCR\DVDR which I have been very pleased with since I bought it a year or so ago. However, it has recently developed a very annoying fault.
For some reason, it has started to occasionally switch itself off while recording on DVD and freeze. If you then switch it on again with the standby button and into VCR mode then back to DVD, it will start the recording again and finish the recording as if nothing happened. This is an intermittent fault as I recorded the whole British GP at the weekend and it was fine. It makes no difference how long the programme is and there are no warning messages or codes to indicate a fault. In addition all the blank disks are new and free from damage when placed in the machine.
Has anyone come across this fault and/or know a way to fix it ?

Cheers,

Kris.

KEB1

Standard Member
Further to this fault, I contacted Toshiba and they informed me that it is likely to be a software fault and suggested I contact a repair agent to have it fixed.
However, before I do, does anyone know if it is possible to obtain and install the
firmware yourself ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom