• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba DVDR19DT Help

KEB1

Standard Member
Hi All,

I bought a Tosh DVDr19DT VCR\DVD combi some time back and have been very pleased with it. However, while recording a tv show this evening, the dvd made a loud fluttering noise, an error came up on screen and it continued to flutter while the little figure of 8 symbol came up on the display. This continued until I managed to eventually get the tray to come out. However,it was minus the disk and the tray will not got back into the machine.
Does anyone know what has happened and if there is a way of retrieving the disk safely. Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kris.

KEB1

Standard Member
Update,

I turned the machine over, shock it and the try went back in by hand. Once powered up, I ejected the disk and the tray opened but no disk however after a second attempt, the edge of the disk was visible and I could pull it out. I would still like to know why this happened but will get it looked at by a qualified engineer before I put it back into use.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom