Toshiba DVD SD220 or SD520 for my TV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clety, Feb 15, 2003.

1. clety

clety

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased Toshiba 32ZD26p TV which has Progressive scan. Now I am thinking if it is worth spending extra money for SD520 mainly for Progressive scan. I don't have surround sound gear as well.

Do you think SD220 is good as SD520 and I won't see much difference in picture quality even with NTSC disc?

My brother has a big collection R1 disc, so I can borrow from him.

So my question is would I get superp picture with SD220 MRegion player viewing NTSC discs with component cables or is Progressive scan Picture from SD520 so good that spending an extra 100 pounds will be well worth it?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. Without doubt, buy the 520. You just bought a TV which can accept an NTSC progressive scan signal... realistically, unless you like wasting money on TVs, the 520 is the only sensible option out of the two players you've mentioned.

3. clety

clety

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for your reply.

Yes, now I just reserved SD 520 MRegion Silver model with my local R.Sounds as they seem to sell the popular models like hot cakes and always out of stock leaving the just the Black models!

On Richer Sounds Brochere it says they can't gurantee that their Mulit region DVD players will play all discs!

It quotes "Due to the fast moving nature of DVD technology we can't gurantee that every machine will play all the discs"

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that's just RS covering their backs, sensibly really, rather than anything to worry about too much.