• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba DVD Player SD590EKB with USB

smit9

Standard Member
I recently purchased a Toshiba SD590EKB Dvd player with USB port. Reason being i want to watch movies that are stored on my Toshiba External USB Hard Drive 1TB. It worked for a few movies at the start no problem but now it keeps 'freezing/pausing' for a couple of seconds every 5/10 seconds.

I contacted Toshiba who told me that 'the external HDD can only be a maximum capacity of 16GB. The USB connection is for use for a Flash Drive and not an external high capacity hard drive'.

Is there anyway round this or another dvd player that can play from the external HDD??

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

lukmek

Prominent Member
I recently purchased a Toshiba SD590EKB Dvd player with USB port. Reason being i want to watch movies that are stored on my Toshiba External USB Hard Drive 1TB. It worked for a few movies at the start no problem but now it keeps 'freezing/pausing' for a couple of seconds every 5/10 seconds.

I contacted Toshiba who told me that 'the external HDD can only be a maximum capacity of 16GB. The USB connection is for use for a Flash Drive and not an external high capacity hard drive'.

Is there anyway round this or another dvd player that can play from the external HDD??

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Interested in the above as well
:thumbsup:

Yardstick

Established Member
my understanding after reading the manual was the usb port would only take 4gb memory stick, and then play a file with a 1gb maximum file size. I think your lucky to have even got that far with the hdd. I think there's an LG dvd player than can meet your requirements

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom