Toshiba DR1 Multiregion for 219.95 at Richersounds.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kasparaitis, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found the toshiba dr1 for a good price at richer sounds and was wondering if it's worth getting. I don't have much knowledge on dvd recorders but I know their are some experts on here and so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Am I correct in thinking this doesn't have RGB in and therefore recordings off sky will not be top quality?

Thanks very much.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    Yes that's correct I'm afraid - which is a shame because otherwise it is a superb recorder with excellent DVD playback. The Toshiba DR3 is about to be released and this does have RGB input but will be around £300 - RS is clearly selling the DR1 at the reduced priced because of the arrival of the new model.

A good alternative is the Panasonic E55 (or E65 if you need iLink for digital camcorders). If you need DVD-RW compatibility then consider the Pioneer range, the 220 (or 320 if you need iLink), or the Sony GX3 or GX300.

3. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply you are always very helpful! :clap: :clap:

Are you in the business or just have the knowledge from the hobby?

There always seems to be a problem with dvd recorders.

No RGB eg//Toshiba DR1
    Don't record to RW eg//Panasonic e-55
    Break down eg// all Phillips from what I have read on here.

I will check out the Pioneers and the sony like you said and hopefully I will find the one for me.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    The DR3 will be available in the next month or so if you want to hang on - otherwise the models stated will do a good job.

Bit of both these days. I have worked for a variety of companies linked directly and indirectly with optical media/consumer electronics - and continue to on occasion - but having spent more time than I care to out of the UK over the last 10 years I am now retired.

5. Wharfman3

Wharfman3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any information available on the DR3?