Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba DR1 Multiregion for 219.95 at Richersounds.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kasparaitis, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found the toshiba dr1 for a good price at richer sounds and was wondering if it's worth getting. I don't have much knowledge on dvd recorders but I know their are some experts on here and so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Am I correct in thinking this doesn't have RGB in and therefore recordings off sky will not be top quality?

Thanks very much.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    Yes that's correct I'm afraid - which is a shame because otherwise it is a superb recorder with excellent DVD playback. The Toshiba DR3 is about to be released and this does have RGB input but will be around £300 - RS is clearly selling the DR1 at the reduced priced because of the arrival of the new model.

A good alternative is the Panasonic E55 (or E65 if you need iLink for digital camcorders). If you need DVD-RW compatibility then consider the Pioneer range, the 220 (or 320 if you need iLink), or the Sony GX3 or GX300.

3. Kasparaitis

Kasparaitis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply you are always very helpful! :clap: :clap:

Are you in the business or just have the knowledge from the hobby?

There always seems to be a problem with dvd recorders.

No RGB eg//Toshiba DR1
    Don't record to RW eg//Panasonic e-55
    Break down eg// all Phillips from what I have read on here.

I will check out the Pioneers and the sony like you said and hopefully I will find the one for me.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    The DR3 will be available in the next month or so if you want to hang on - otherwise the models stated will do a good job.

Bit of both these days. I have worked for a variety of companies linked directly and indirectly with optical media/consumer electronics - and continue to on occasion - but having spent more time than I care to out of the UK over the last 10 years I am now retired.

5. Wharfman3

Wharfman3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any information available on the DR3?