TOSHIBA dlp VS SONY lcd

D

digitize

My query concerns about choosing between TOSHIBA 46WM48 (dlp rp) and SONY KF500SX300 (lcd rp). Obviously, the Tosh will get the vote because of its Hi-Def capability, but I'm more concerned about Picture Quality.

PQ-wise, would the Sony brick get the nod?

I've checked the Sony a few times already and I am impressed with its picture quality, and the fact that it's also got PAP. I thought the black details were actually impressive even though it is LCD, and it has a good viewing angle.

I've seen the Tosh at Comet, and I think PQ suffers when viewing it from an angle. My first impression is that the Sony's PQ is much better.

Oh by the way, the 50-inch Sony is just about the same price as the 46-inch Toshiba.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Im in the exact same situation as you, looking to buy in about 3 weeks, however i cant make my mind up. The problem is if i want the tosh i will have to buy it online as its 2k in comet and u can get it for 1544 from empire direct. I have bad luck with buying stuff online and i think im pushing it with a 1.5k tv. The sony i would get from currys and i too am inpressed with the PQ. So i cant answer your question but i would also like to now.

The problem is the sony isnt a dlp so this is technically the wrong forum.

Overall the tosh is a nicer looking unit but with a rptv there is more chance of something going wrong than a regular tv so im hesitant of buying it online

I am also looking at getting one of these. At the moment Unbeatable seem to have a very good offer on the KF50SX300 with a free stand thrown in see http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_15375.html - very tempting! There is a long thread on the Sony in the Televisions & TV/DVD/PVR/VCR combi boxes forum (look for Sony Grand WEGA KF42SX200 ) so may be a good idea to look there.

schnipps said:
Overall the tosh is a nicer looking unit but with a rptv there is more chance of something going wrong than a regular tv so im hesitant of buying it online

why is there more chance of something going wrong?
as for buying the tosh schnipps try and get a local dealer to price match some of the online prices if you haggle with em most of them will come down in price
also your rights as a buyer are still protected when buying online you even get a seven days after your purchase cooling off period (distance selling) but if you order from a reputable online company shoudnt really make any difference to you
i live in the north west and ordered my tosh from london i just figured if there was anything wrong with the set then it would be the engineeers from toshiba who would come out and they wouldnt be bothered where my location was

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom